Chapter 1

September 1st

*ring, ring, ring.*

My door bell screams at me. Why does it have to be so loud? And why does whoever's ringing it have to push it so many times?

My parents are at a freaking meeting and I'm home alone. When you're home alone you do not want to answer the door. And normally I wouldn't but whoever it is won't stop. I'm a little scared because no one knows I'm here. I run to the kitchen and open the drawer and grab a fork. I walk towards the front door with the fork behind my back.

When I pull the door back I see Wes.

"Shit Wes you scared me!" I shove him.

"Ow! What's in your hand?" He grabs his shoulder and walks in.

"Oh it's a fork." I laugh to myself at my weapon of choice.

"Why do you have a fork?" He shuts the door and follows me into the kitchen.

"Protection, it was the closest weapon to me." I shrug my shoulders and open the silverware drawer but Wes stops me.

"You might want to wash my blood off of it." He smirks and nods to the fork in my hand.

As soon as my eyes leave his he grabs both of my wrists pinning me to the fridge. His lips crash against mine before I have time to process what's happening. The feeling of him pressed against me sends my body into overdrive. I hear the fork hit the ground and I thread my fingers through his thick hair. His tongue moves along with mine, mashing, biting, sucking. We're a mess.

Once I realize where I am and who I'm with I pull away.

"Wes stop!" I push him off of me.

He pulls back confused. "What...? Why...?

"We can't be doing this." I tug at my hair. I let my knees slide me down the fridge until I'm on the ground.

"Why can't I kiss you?" He's staring down at me now and I've never felt so small.

"Because you work for my Dad, you're his best employee! I'm only 17. And do you know what would happen to me if he found out? To you?" I shout frustrated more with myself than him.

He sits down across from me with his back pressed against the cabinets.

"But no one would have to know." He begins picking at his thumb finger nail.

"But they would be suspicious. I'm an only child! They have no one else to watch like a hawk. They would find out Wes. And I barely know you."

"Seriously?" he scoffs. Now I have his attention.

"Yes seriously!" He's being complicated. He came here and kissed ME! He's the one in the wrong.

"Don't play that shit with me. You want this just as much as I do. Why else would you text me?"

"I haven't messaged you for personal reasons ever. I just asked you if you were going to dinner tonight. Which by the way my Mom told me to do. She's trying to set you up with my cousin. But won't that be awkward now that I know you want me."

"No I don't." He shakes his head and my heart sinks. My confidence is shattered.

"Pinning me against the fridge and shoving your tongue in my mouth didn't give me that impression."

"Well you're wrong, I don't want anyone who doesn't want me." He stands up and begins walking towards the door. I can no longer see him as the tears threaten my eyes.

"Good then it's settled!" I shout as I hear the oak door creak.

"Yes it is! I hope you're happy with your decision!"

"I am so you better leave before Daniel gets here!"

I hear the door slam and I'm left alone. And Daniel isn't coming.