Chapter 2

A sudden ringing jolted me from my sleep. I blinked the fatigue away, as my eyes slowly adjusted to my surroundings. My phone was ringing, a high pitched marimba sequence. I groaned, reaching out to grab it.

I checked the caller ID, Liam. He never called me, unless it was about the media and 1D. Confused, I answered the phone. "Hey Liam" my voice groggy, thick with sleep.

"Hi! How have you been?" He asked, way to excited for the morning.
Wait, what time was it. I checked my phone. 8AM. Too early to even live.

Yes, I am slightly dramatic.

Annoyed, I answered "Cut the crap Liam, you never call me. I never call you. What's going on?". I winced, regretting me words. They were harsh.

"Oh" he whispered hurt resounding in his voice, "I've been thinking of doing a 1D reunion. I miss you guys and the band. And let's be honest, we said hiatus . It's been years and the only one who really made a career for himself is Harry. Simon agrees, as does Niall."

I rolled my eyes "You know Niall doesn't count, he's been for a reunion since the hiatus. I don't think it's a good idea though. Zayn is a lost cause. I've only talked to Niall, sometimes you. And well you know about Him. The band is nothing without Him.".

There was a moment of silence "Look, Louis I know he really hurt you. However, it's the past! It's been 6 years, you need to get over him. And Simon is talking to Harry right now. If he says yes, we're back to being a band. Think Lou".

I smiled, it was the first time someone called me Lou for a long time.

"Think about your fans. They've been waiting for us to be back for so long. They like our solo careers but the music they were truly fans of was the 1D songs. The artist they truly liked was the band. Us, together. Not as individuals. We became artists together. We're growing older, time is running out, I want to finish as artists together. Please." Liam's voice was thick with emotion and his voice cracked.

This meant a lot to him. Could I actually do it, though? I'd have to see Him, all the time. We'd perform together, be in changing rooms together, like the old times. Part of me desperately wanted to see Him. I missed Him so much, what we were. The other half of me hated every inch of Him, He broke me and left but Liam was right, I am stronger than this. He is not going to define what I do.

"Yes" I replied, already regretting my decision.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you a billion times. I know how hard this is for you but I'll be there to help you, as will be Niall. I missed you" he replied.

"Me too. See you lee" I answered quietly.

"See ya" he hung up.

I felt numb. It felt good to reconnect with Liam, but I was going to have to see him. I was not emotionally ready. A ping rang through the room, signalling that I had received a message. I checked my phone :

From Liam: Harry said yes, I don't know how Simon convinced him but he did. Zayn saw my tweet and is back too.
One Direction is back.

I choked. It was really happening, we were a band once again. Weird emotions filled me up: happiness, sadness, nostalgia. I was officially an emotional mess. My phone rang once again: Simon.

"Hi Louis. I think you heard the news. One direction is officially back! Very exciting. Now we gotta back to work straight away."
Hearing his voice, like this, brought back so many memories.

"Me and Megan had an idea. To announce your reunion to the world each of you will tweet a word from the sentence: One Direction Is Back Today. You get Today."

My smile faded, today seemed like an addition to the sentence. I was receiving it because I was the addition. When I was in the band, I sometimes felt like I was useless, the less talented. The addition of the band. They each had something going for them.

Niall, an all round fun and easy going guy.

Zayn, mysterious and a vocal technique genius.

Liam, daddy direction and a warm voice.

Him, the rockstar of the group with The voice.

He had The voice. No words could really describe it. Ha, I sounded like a fangirl.

"Louis?" Simon brought me out of my reverie. "If you want, we can change the word you get?".

"No, no it's fine," I answered.

"Okay" he continued "You're going to make a public appearance in two days. I've booked a week with SNL. Come to London tomorrow please. Your next shows are scheduled as One Direction shows. Same applies for the others. I will text you your address. Any questions?"

I blinked, shocked. Trying to digest everything he told me.
"No it's fine bye" I said.

He hung up. I lay on my bed, trying to understand what is going to happen. All my shows, One Direction shows. In barely two days, I was seeing Him. I slowly got up, staring at my hotel room. I was gonna have to pack.

I had planned for these two weeks to be time spent with my family in Doncaster. Guess I was going to have to replan. One aspect of the band I did not miss was the busy schedule. We always had something planned. Our free time we planned and in general was half a day.

I usually spent mine with Him, at home.

Yes Louis is insecure about himself right now, but once Harry is back into his life. That is going to change. Anyways, comment what you think and please vote:)
Abi xx