Best reason

I didn't stop hitting the tree.

The bat was still making whipping noises from swinging through the air so fast. I grunted frustratedly as I bashed the wooden bat against the tree repeatedly with no sign of stopping.

My cigarette stayed in my mouth while swung the bat as hard as I could, taking out my anger on the tree; My hands tightened around the bat.

"Ace" I heard a soft mumble only to see Sofia standing behind me, shivering from the cold with a confused look on her face. I stared at her as I caught my breath. "What are you doing?" Her soft, sleepy voice questioned me. "I'm just releasing some anger" I muttered to her quietly as I took the cigarette out of my mouth. She blinked slowly, showing me that she was tired. I watched her while she hugged her own arms, trying to shelter herself from the cold, wearing only a shirt and jeans. "Oh" she responded quietly with a hint of confusion after a moment of silence. I could tell she wanted to ask something but was too shy.

"What's wrong baby?" I uttered, dropping the bat to give her my full attention. She didn't make eye contact with me. "Could you...." she paused shyly, playing with her hands which she did when she was nervous. I raised an eyebrow at her waiting for a response. "Could you come to bed with me?" Her soft voice whispered, almost pleading me to go inside with her. My heart clenched at the sound of those words.

I was too busy admiring what she had just said only to realise I hadn't responded yet. "I don't usually have nightmares when I sleep next to you" She admitted, staring at the cigarette in my hand; I knew she didn't like it when I smoked. I dropped the cigarette before squishing it into the ground with my foot.

"Okay" I nodded softly walking over to her. She looked exhausted, her eyes struggling to open after each blink. I grabbed her and scooped her up into my arms. "Am I still your favourite person?" I took this chance while she was exhausted to ask her some questions. She nodded, her head resting against my shoulder with her eyes shut. "You never stopped being my favourite person" She whispered to me.

"Am I yours?" She mumbled back, half asleep. "You're still the only person I like" I whispered in her ear, kissing her cheek gently after I finished my sentence. I noticed the slightest smile appear on her lips, her eyes still shut.

"Why do you like me?" I pressed my forehead against hers. "You make me want to live" she admitted, shivering in my arms. I think I froze for a second; I was the reason she wanted to live?. "That's a pretty shit reason" I chuckled softly at her but inside it fucked with heart strings I didn't know I had. She must've gotten angry at my response because she lifted her head from my chest suddenly. "Don't say that about my favourite person" She demanded, glaring at me with the last bit of energy she had left; "He's the best reason" She mumbled falling asleep.

I gave her a slight smile. She opened her eyes one last time to look at the stars. "Can we go inside now?" she uttered softly, snuggling into me. My heart was pounding in my chest as she got comfortable. "Yeah" I whispered, walking inside with her in my arms.

I made sure to take my time, making sure Sofia was comfortable sleeping in my arms.

"We're going to bed" I announced quietly to Ashton, Ella, Grayson and Chase. Ella smiled at us, seeing Sofia resting in my arms. "Ace Hernandez, I am warning you now, you better not hurt that girl" Ella glared at me. I glanced down at Sofia before looking back up. "If anything she'll be the one to hurt me" I spoke with certainty before slowly making my way up to our room.
—————————

She lay in my arms as I scribbled in my journal.

Her breathing was gentle and even, unlike when she was awake. She was always so tense when she was awake, probably due to the amount of stress her father put her through as a child.

I killed him the other night, stabbed him with his own knife that he planned to use on Sofia but not before he tried to beg for mercy. I scoffed to myself while writing that line. No one is allowed even get close to hurting her. I'll admit I got a bit protective.

Today I was.........happyish, I guess you could say. I think I broke the baseball bat, it's not like I played baseball anyways. My father keeps requesting to come back and I almost let him but now that Sofia is back in my life, he's never allowed back in. She's changing me, I can feel it in my soul.

Ashton told me awhile back that I'd find someone who would make all my anger disappear and replace with it love and trust. I didn't believe him so I scoffed in his face and walked off, only because I was afraid he was right. I didn't like the idea of being a better man. I shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone. And then she came along with her flawless smile and this adorable giggle I wanted to listen to forever. Today I have realised that my love for her is stronger than my year's of built up anger.

I think I'm falling in love with her.

An: hey guys , I'll be taking a short Christmas break , so you'll have to go without an update for a few days but I decided this was a good place to leave it for now . I'll update in 2-3 days ~ Toni