Author's Notes about the Dystopian Scrolls

Nadja, is trying to survive in a dystopian age. She is a rogue, a sage and a murderer, but in so many ways she is similar to you and I. Her fight against the despair of a fallen civilization and against the injustice of the tyrants is evident in her writings; her testimony left on parched scrolls in the desert of the North.

Her lover is an alchemist, a forbidden scientist of the underground. He taught her to read and write, keeping her from becoming savage. Together they have searched for answers about the past and fought for a future. They were lovers, the Icaruses of this scorched earth. Symbolically, they flew with wings of silver, melting as they neared their goal.

Each scroll leads us through Nadja's story, like acts in a play. Their outcome is an unknown tragedy, since the fragmented scrolls end without comment. I assume they sacrificed themselves, martyrs dying for their last sense of humanity. Maybe they reached their goal and are the Adam and Eva of a new era. Regardless, you shall see that the scrolls send out a message of hope to a world, where hope had been extinguished.

-------

Thanks for reading! The remaining chapters will be added after they get edited. Sooooon!!! Follow my account, I am full of surprises... and great stories. AND give me your FEEDBACK. :o)

Come visit me again here or swing by at www.markklenk.com