Job Interview Questions and Best Answers
Interviews are always stressful - even for job seekers who have gone on countless interviews. The best way to reduce the stress is to be prepared. Take the time to review the "standard" interview questions you will most likely be asked. Also review sample answers to these typical interview questions.
Then take the time to research the company. That way you'll be ready with knowledgeable answers for the job interview questions that specifically relate to the company you are interviewing with.
Interview Questions: Work History
• Name of company, position title and description, dates of employment. - Best Answers
• What were your expectations for the job and to what extent were they met? Best Answers
• What were your starting and final levels of compensation? - Best Answers
• What were your responsibilities? - Best Answers
• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them? - Best Answers
• Which was most / least rewarding? - Best Answers
• What was the biggest accomplishment / failure in this position? - Best Answers
• What was it like working for your supervisor? What were his strengths and shortcomings? - Best Answers
• Why are you leaving your job? - Best Answers
• Why were you fired? - Best Answers
Job Interview Questions About You
• Describe a typical work week. - Best Answers
• How many hours do you normally work? - Best Answers
• How would you describe the pace at which you work? - Best Answers
• How do you handle stress and pressure? - Best Answers
• What motivates you? - Best Answers
• What are your salary expectations? - Best Answers
• What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make? - Best Answers
• Tell me about yourself. - Best Answers
• If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say?
• Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
• Give some examples of team work.
• What type of work environment do you prefer?
• Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it. Best Answers
• How do you evaluate success?
Job Interview Questions About the New Job and Company
• What interests you about this job? - Best Answers
• Why do you want this job? - Best Answers
• What applicable attributes / experience do you have? - Best Answers
• Are you overqualified for this job? - Best Answers
• Why are you the best person for the job? - Best Answers
• Why should we hire you? - Best Answers
• What do you know about this company? - Best Answers