{44}

Chapter {44}

Emrys Belle:

He's awake.

The words kept running in my head

He's awake.

There's hope.

"Is he really, like not that you are a liar mum but this is Damon aka the laziest person. He would do anything for a good sleep." Wolf pipped up.

"Do you want to or shall I do it?" Rose questioned her mother nodding towards her brother.

"Together?" Everleigh tilted her head.

"What? What are you going to– Aie" both women had slapped him upside the head.

"This is why I stay around dad more. You women are violent." he rubbed where he was hit.

"And my wife doesn't even come to my rescue! Honestly." Wolf rolled his eyes like a child and crossed his arms over his chest leaning further into his seat.

All I could think about was the love of my life, awake in hospital after just over a month of being in a coma. And I'm not there to greet him when he wakes up. I should have stayed at the hospital.

I just stood up and slowly made my way towards the door.

"Emrys? Where are you going?" Everleigh called out following me.

"To the hospital. Am I the only one that is concerned for Damon? I want to see him." I calmly stated, putting my coat back on.

"I know honey, we all want to see him but he just got up. The doctors need to run some tests and everything. It may take a while." she reasoned but I was having none of it.

"I want to see him so I'm going. He needs me." I pleaded with her.

"Honey, I don't think it's a good idea." Everleigh wrung her hands nervously.

"Why not?" I questioned curiously.

"He just has to go through several tests, it might be overwhelming for him." she tried but her eyes told a different story.

I knew there was something else, something she wasn't telling me.

"Everleigh, please, I need to see him." I all but begged.

She sighed and nodded her head.

"Let me get my keys, we are all going."

-------------

I was face to face with the corridor I had gone down so many times to get to his room. I knew the route even with my eyes closed I had been down it so many times.

I knew Everleigh had gone ahead while Wolf, Freyah and Rose with the baby had stayed back in the waiting room.

I took a deep breath and waddled my way to his room. I peeked through the little see-through glass that was on the door and saw my beautiful man, sat up in his bed, smiling away and talking to his mother. He was awake, smiling and breathing.

He was there, back with us.

Excitement and nerves building up inside me as I turned the doorknob to enter.

I smiled so brightly, he was still engrossed with the conversation with his mom that he didn't see me walk in. I placed a hand on my belly, rubbing small circles to calm me down.

I took a quick look around the room seeing that the drawings that were on the wall beside his bed were no longer there, not where the flowers that I had placed.