CHAPTER 20

Turn right here, then a left, and I'm here.

I walked towards her with the flowers in my arms.

I reached her and gave her the flowers and lit the candle.

"Hey mom," I said as I touched her tombstone.

R. I. P
Marie Mackenzie
A loving mother, wife, daughter and friend to all. May your soul rest with God.
We love you.

December 6, 1963 - December 5, 2012

"Happy Birthday, Mommy," I said starting to cry.

"I miss you so much," I cried.

"M-me a-and da-d are do-doing f-fine," I stuttered while wiping my tears.

I took a breath and let it out so I can calm down. "You know when you . . . left us dad couldn't bring himself to come here. He said it hurts too much."

"I'm already a Junior," I managed to smile from the tears. "And next year I'm gonna be a Senior," I finished with a smile.

"Remember when you said that you'll be the one who was gonna get me ready for the prom?" I said about to cry again. "Well, I want you too b-but-" I started crying.

"Mom why did you have to go?!" I said punching the grass with anger. "You don't deserve to die!!"

"W-why you?" I asked gently while resting my head on her tombstone imagining that it would be her forehead I was leaning on.

"Y-you don't deserve this," I whispered.

"Jade?"

I looked behind me.

"Tristan?"

TRISTAN'S P. O. V

Why is Jade here?

Why is she crying?

"Are you ok?" I asked even though it looks like she's not.

"Y-yeah," she said wiping her tears.

I checked the tombstone she was talking to.

"Shitaki mushrooms," I said quietly.

The name carved on the tombstone was the name of her mom.

"I'm so sorry," I said sitting down beside her.

"Th-thanks," she smiled.

So this was why she never mentioned anything about her. She . . . Died.

"Do you mind if I ummm ask what happened?" I said gently.

"Sure but I trust you not to tell anyone else," she replied.

"I promise."

"Ok."

She inhaled then exhaled and started.

"My mom works as an interior designer that's why my room looks like that. She designed it and my dad designed the whole house. They were a perfect couple in my eyes and they became my parents. When I was born, my dad told me that I was such a blessing and miracle to them. I was a beautiful baby girl," she said smiling. "According to them, I was prone to getting sick a lot that's why I turned out to be kinda weak. When I was in my 4th grade, I met the girls and we became the best of friends. We all met each others' parents. We played after school when he had free time but most of the time we'd play when its weekends. Anyways when 6th grade came, we all decided that we'd join teams. I joined the soccer team along with Kaitlyn and Shana while Monique, Giselle, and Perry went for the basketball team. Anyways, through the years me and my family was doing awesome. We'd go to outings on breaks and sometimes mom would cook so much food on the table while she was with dad. It was something I could never ask for anything else. Soon my freshman year came," she looked at the tombstone that was dated the same year of her freshman year. "My freshman year was kind of hard because I had to adapt to the highschool feeling but mom told me that I could survive it. I believed her and I did survive it. One day when she was going to pick me up from school from training I saw our stadium all set up. I the saw students in gowns coming in with boys with them and it came to me. Prom. That day mom saw me in the stadium watching as the students danced with their dates. She said that when it was my prom she'd be the one who'd take care of it for me," she paused I think reliving the experience. "Days passes on and Christmas break came. That day my mom had a gig. When she was on her way there, traffic happened. Mom decided to pass the other road in order to get to her destination but when she did so a truck was going in her direction from the other side of the road where she was passing," she stopped. I looked at her and she was almost close to tears. "The impact was to strong that was it happened she was . . . gone," then she cried. She cried with so much pain and anger that a part of me urged me to hug her and I did.

"She shouldn't have died!" She screamed through the hug.

"Shhhhhh," I said rubbing circles by her back.

"She-she doesn't deserve to die," she whispered while punching me gently.

We stayed like this until she calmed down.

"Wait I'm not done yet," she said signaling me to let go.

Once she was out of my arms she took another breath then continued. "The day of her funeral I cried till I ran out of tears. I yelled and screamed that she shouldn't have died. She doesn't deserve it. The girls were there trying to calm me down but it wouldn't work. My dad on the other hand was worse. My dad cursed on and on and on about the driver of the truck. Not looking where he was going and stuff like that. My dad loved my mom so much that after that day he couldn't bring himself to visit her because it hurt too much. I started to go to therapies that's why you saw me come out of the building before. My therapist Katherine was like my second mom. She comforted me and calmed me down whenever anyone couldn't. I owe her so much. Anyways, I go here when its her birthday or when I just feel like it," she showed her phone where the date and time was displayed.

"December 6," I said and she just nodded.

"Today is the day of your game and my mom's birthday," she said smiling.

"I miss her so much you know?" She said looking at me straight in the eye.

I hugged her. She let me hold her in my arms for a while. I didn't want to say anything. I just wanted to hug her.

"Thank you, Tristan," she said hugging me back.

"Your welcome," I said hugging her more tightly.

I let her go and faced her.

"Jade I'm not sure if this is the right time to tell you but," I paused and took a deep breath.

"I really like you and this time has just made me realize that I like you a lot more for being brave enough to undergo this while still smiling," I paused and saw her reaction at what I said so far. She smiled sincerely and I continued. "If its ok with you, can I court you?"

*******************************
Waaaahhhhh!!!!! Lol ok so its sad that she lost her mom :(
But Tristan just asked her if he could court her!!!!
Lol sorry I'm just really feeling kilig.