1. Tea-Time's.

It was your first time trying chai green tea and you spat it out all over me screaming that it burned your tongue off and that you'd never in your life drink another hot drink.

I was too busy crying from laughing so hard at your facial expression to even get upset and you attempted to glare at me, but that didn't last long because your lip started twitching and soon you were laughing along with me. 

We looked absolutely ridiculous and I'm pretty sure we received some unappreciative glances from the customers in the shop who came here specifically for the tranquil atmosphere. Most of them stayed tucked away from humanity, hidden by all things social for hours on end and we were breaking their resolve. 

But maybe it was for the best. 

You didn't even bother with apologizing for spraying me with the contents of your drink when we had calmed down. You just pulled a wad of napkins from their holder and went to work dabbing at my bare arms while I still chuckled under my breath. They weren't even wet.

"I can't believe you even convinced me to try that drink of death,"  You told me, mocking bitterness and poking your "cinged" tongue out the side of your mouth. I shouldn't have even been surpised that you would try and throw the blame on me, you'd been doing it since we met six years ago. 

"And who even likes hot drinks in the summer anyway? It's 75 freaking degrees outside!" you gave up on trying to cleanse me of your tea saliva and opted for throwing a balled up napkin at my head instead. Jerk.

 "I don't see how I played any part in this other than being the victim. You came here on your own. You decided that you wanted to try that drink. You lost all common sense and decided to attack the drink at once, not giving it a chance to cool down even a bit, and you spat it all over me when you whined about how it burned your tongue. Very macho, by the way." At this you rolled your eyes, which only made my sarcasm even more contradicting. 

"Whatever. I just wanted to know what all the hype was about over that dumb tea. Why couldn't you just be normal and obssess over Starbucks like every other teenage girl?"  I knew you were joking when you said this, but I couldn't resist throwing a fist to your shoulder. This was our routine afterall. You would say something offensive. I would retort by trying to destroy you physically. This was our thing. 

"You and I both know just how far away from normal I am."  I smirked and stood up from the table. The time was approaching two-thirty and my break was about to be over, but all I really wanted to do was ditch the repulsive looking green apron and march right out of here with you. That wouldn't be the wisest thing though, and I probably wouldn't get very far with my uncle and cousins watching us like a hawk. I'd never tell you this, but they hated when you came to the shop at the same time every day to hang out with me during my break. 

 "You sure know how to pick 'em, huh?" My uncle would mumble while shaking his head. He meant no harm, though. He didn't actually hate you as a person- he didn't have it in him to hate anyone- he just didn't like that you came to the coffee shop all the time since I started working here. I tried explaining to him on countless occassions that you were my bestfriend, it was the summertime and we were usually always with one another. In just a few months we were both seperating for who knows how long to go to college and we couldn't afford to waste our very limited time together.

"He's always gettin' you caught up in his shenanigans, girl." That was his favorite line. But he was right. You were always getting me caught up in your "shenanigans." And there had certainly been many. 

"...So, I was thinking-"

"-oh boy..." I rolled my eyes. No good idea ever followed those words. Not coming from you.

"...dinner at Twisted Tortilla's and afterwards I could steal my brother's pick-up for a while so we could drive up to the mountain and sleep under the stars tonight? Clear skies all week, we should jump while we got the chance, right?" You continued talking as if I hadn't said anything and stood up. For a moment, all I could do was look up at you.

Though most of them were dumb, sometimes your "shenanigans" amazed me. Like now. 

"You sure you managed to come up with that on your own? The sleeping under the stars part, I mean." 

"C'mon now. I always come up with cool stuff for us. And you always end up loving whatever it is that we end up doing, so stop that and gimme some credit." You elbowed me a little too hard which caused me to glare at you but I managed to keep my hands to myself that time. 

"Whatever. I know you didn't think of that, but I do love the idea." I stepped closer to you as you grabbed your bag and slung it over your shoulder. "And hey, why don't we order our food to go and take it up to the mountain in time to catch the sunset? I'll love that even more." I smiled as I brought my arms around your waist.

"Ooh, you're right. I can bring my guitar and serenade you all night." I laughed out loud when you wriggled your eyebrows but suddenly stopped when I heard my name being called from up front. That was my uncle, no doubt. It was time to get back to work. 

"Well, until later, I guess." I averted my attention back to you. 

"Go finish killing people's tongues with that acid you call tea and I'll get everything ready for this evening then pick you up at your house, capisce?" 

"Yeah, yeah." You scrunched you nose up in that really odd yet adorable way of yours and leaned down to place a soft kiss in the space between my eyebrows. It was always that spot. And I loved it. 

"Until later, my bodacious tea-rista." I shook my head as you walked off and began to make my way behind the counter, grinning at the ground once I heard the bell above the door jingle twice, telling me you had left. 

"...get outta those feelin's and bring your butt behind this counter, girl. These drinks ain't makin' themselves."  

Until later...