Platform

Prompt: first kiss.

Notes: complete fluff, tried a different third person perspective to test how I feel about it.

Words: 931

Bakugou and Kirishima are so much more than friends, yet aren't technically in a relationship. They haven't talked about their relationship status and don't necessarily see any reason to rush into defining it. Eventually they would have to discuss it but that could wait until the time came.

All they know is that they have something special.

Over time, physical barriers had begun to break down. It had started with sitting close enough that their shoulders would brush and had, over the course of a few months, turned into rather intimate and meaningful lengthy cuddle sessions and talks.

Unfortunately, that's where it seemed to stop for a while. After spooning to get to sleep whenever they happened to share a bed became second nature to them, what more was there to do?

Well, they hadn't yet kissed.

It was something they had both thought a lot about, but hadn't vocalised. Taking natural progression into consideration, they both knew that they really should have by now.

Kissing was something more than a cuddle, something that can only mean 'I like you' in this context. Neither of them doubted for even a second that the other liked them but the lack of verbal communication surrounding this topic was making it hard to maybe even bring it up.

Since everything else has come naturally, it made sense that a kiss would, too. Forcing themselves to think about it and worry wasn't going to do either of them any good.

The snow wasn't necessarily heavy but it was cold and damn frustrating, the tips of Bakugou's ears burning red as they aren't wrapped in the red scarf covering the bottom half of his face.

Their hands are intertwined despite the gloves covering them both. Even if not skin on skin, the warm embrace of the other's hand could be felt through the fabric.

They're running a little late, hadn't quite realised the time when they were sat at Eijirou's house, following their normal routine of spending as much time as possible together because that's where they wanted to be.

It's not like Katsuki is going to miss the train but the two would have less time to mentally prepare their goodbyes for the day, despite knowing they'd be together again in only a matter of hours.

They're silent as they reach the correct platform, the train due to turn up in a minute.

Only a minute.

A sigh escapes Kirishima's mouth as him and Bakugou both take a seat on one of the benches, despite knowing that the cold of the metal was going to sting through their clothes.

Katsuki slowly pulls his scarf down, revealing the bottom half of his face. As much as he wasn't the biggest fan of the cold, seeing Bakugou surrounded by delicate snowflakes made Eijirou wish that it was Winter all year round.

The redhead was caught staring but didn't even make an attempt to disguise himself, even look away. His gaze is so intently focussed on Bakugou that even the loud rattling of tracks around them had turned to silence in his ears.

Damn, he really wants to kiss him.

At possibly the worst time ever, the train came into sight, quickly rushing towards the platform. Kirishima can't help but feel his heart drop, knowing that in a few minutes he would have to make the journey back to his home alone.

Katsuki attempts to stand up on instinct, loosening his grip on Eijirou's hand. However, it doesn't quite work out that way and the redhead finds himself unable to let go. It was odd, how his eyes were darted to the ground and shoulders slouched, the grip he has on Bakugou's hand only getting tighter.

"Kirishima-"

It definitely takes the blonde by surprise when Eijirou abruptly stands up, his free hand gently placing itself on Katsuki's cheek.

Kirishima felt as though his body moved on it's own. He could barely comprehend what has just happened, how his hand got to be resting on Katsuki's cheek so delicately, like it belonged there.

The redhead has barely snapped into reality when he notices Bakugou's expression, eyes slightly wide and lips slightly parted as he seemed hesitant about something.

That is, until the blonde drops his eyes shut, tilting his head slightly upwards.

It takes Eijirou a moment to register what Bakugou is expecting, but once he does, he can feel a shiver crawl down his spine as his stomach immediately twists.

He's waiting for me to kiss him.

Clearly given permission to do so, Kirishima leans closer to Katsuki, brushing their noses together just to slightly test the waters. He closes his eyes a little late, just to make sure that he doesn't miss the other's lips entirely.

Their lips softly meet.

Katsuki's lips are lightly chapped and slightly dry due to the weather but Eijirou doesn't mind at all. It's a little awkward considering the angle he leaned in at and the way their lips are pressed together is a little clumsy, but it's also absolutely perfect.

There was nothing that felt more right than this.

They pull back after a second, Eijirou's hand falling back to his side as a goofy smile forces it's way on to his face. Katsuki tries to hide his own smile by quickly pulling his scarf back up, covering his mouth completely.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Katsuki mutters, dropping the redhead's hand for real so he can get on the train.

"Bye!" Eijirou waves him off, heart pounding like crazy.

He couldn't wait until tomorrow, when they would hopefully do that again.