CH. 7 [ Old Friend ]

I narrowed my eyes and stopped walking as I heard someone's voice. I looked around cautiously, until I saw a tall figure lounging on my couch. 

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" I said in a calm tone, but still attentive. The couch the person was residing in was facing away from me, so all I could see is the back of their head. They stood up and I got a better view of the person. They had long brown hair and had to be at least six feet tall. They were also extremely built which made me take a step back.

"Alright, either you are a really tall female who likes weightlifting or actually a mobster in hiding, although I'd prefer the weightlifter option-" I was cut off by a laugh and the person's full appearance, giving me the detail that the person was not a female.

"What an imagination, (Y/N). I can see that it never changed. Do you seriously not remember me?" I stared at the person, trying to recall any memory of meeting this person. 

"...Uh, no? Should I know you?" The intruder sighed before walking to one of the many pictures set on a nearby coffee table. He proceeded to point at a picture of a little boy standing next to a me when I was about seven years old, and just with that, I immediately knew who this person was. 

"Oh my god...it's you, Tsukasa..." I covered my mouth in disbelief as he made his way over to where I was standing. He made me look up when he patted my head while laughing. I started to hug him tightly as all the memories came flooding back to my mind. It has been many, many years since I have seen Tsukasa. He was my first friend I ever made, and I forgot about him after he moved away. 

"I'm sorry, I forgot all about you. I'm such a terrible friend." Tsukasa shook his head as I pulled away from the heartfelt reunion. 

"Don't say that, I told you to forget about me anyways. Also, I do look different since the last time I saw you." We laughed at that fact. He was a small boy that did not seem like he would glow up to this state. 

"And to answer my own question from earlier, I can see that life is treating you very well." I disregarded his statement by lightly punching his arm, trying to hide the light flush on my face. 

"If you say so. Anyways, what brings you here...and in my house." I said making my way to my kitchen. 

"I will be transferring to your school tomorrow. Your mother told me where the house is, so I decided to visit. You also left the front door unlocked." I face palmed as I recalled leaving the house in a hurry, excited to see a certain someone. 

"You sounded a bit down when you came in, is everything alright?" Tsukasa asked. 

"Oh, yeah everything is fine. Just studying for exams has made me tired. Don't worry about me." I lied with a smile on my face. I could see in his eyes that he was not convinced. I wouldn't blame him though, he's pretty intelligent and attentive even without knowing it himself. 

"L-let's not focus on me though! How are you doing? Do you have a place to stay at?" I asked handing him a snack from the fridge. 

"It's been good, to say the least. Every passing day, I have been building myself up through physical combat and finding a way to not succumb to society's stereotypical ways." I whistled while taking a sip of water.

"That sounds deep. So does that mean you will be joining the school's boxing club? It could suit you very well." I asked as he pondered on the idea.

"I guess I will. I have no other activities I thoroughly enjoy. And for the living accommodation, I'm planning on going to a nearby hotel-" I cut off Tsukasa by putting down the glass of water rather forcefully.

"Don't do that! You can just stay here. I have a guest bedroom down the hall. Also, the nearest hotel is pretty far from the school, it's better for you to just live here until you graduate, right?" I suggested. I took a second for him to process my offer before answering.

"Alright, I'll take your offer. Don't start regretting it." He laughed.

"No way, this is great. Why would I regret it?" I stretched and leaned on my counter. 

"...People change, and one's mind can-" I stopped Tsukasa's sentence, once again, by putting my finger in front of his mouth in a shushing manner.

"Agh, stop with all this deep, sentimental words of wisdom or whatever! You should let loose and go play some Jump Force with me." Despite being ten times stronger and bigger than me, he let me drag him along towards the living room where my gaming console was set up. 

"I have only played this game at least five times." Tsukasa said. I gave him a small evil laugh.

"Well then, looks like I'll be winning for the time being!" I said as the game started.

"How is this possible!" I said in pure agony, slumped on the ground in defeat. Tsukasa has managed to beat me ten times, with flawless victories. He laughed as he saw my broken state.

"When I said I only played about fives times, it didn't mean that I lost those times." I faced him and gave him a pouty face and proceeding to turn off the console. 

"Aw, is little (Y/N) a sore loser I see?" He teased as I made my way to the stairs. 

"I'm going to bed, I don't have time for this ludicrously. Hmph!" I stated before reaching my room. I pulled out my phone, slightly hoping that Senku texted me. Unsurprisingly, he didn't. I sighed while reflecting on my actions after the whole incident. It was obvious I acted the way I did due to the embarrassing things that happened, but I made it so that I should avoid him for it. I should text him an apology, but a more sincere one than before I left school.

Before I could do so, my phone vibrated and a text popped up. I look at who sent the message and immediately smiled. 

Hey, I know what I said about only caring for you because I'm in charge of the Department was a bit insensitive, but that's not entirely true. I hope you can change your mind soon so that we can still hang out. Anyways, sleep well (Y/N).

I replied shorty after receiving his message.

It's totally fine Senku! To be honest, I was overreacting a bit so if anything, I apologize for being insensitive. And of course we can hang out soon, I'll see when I'm not busy and I will tell you. Goodnight Senku! <3

After sending the message, I took a quick shower and had a change of clothes. I decided to check on how Tsukasa was doing before I went to sleep. I went down the stairs and walked down the hallway that leads to the guest bedroom. I knocked, and shortly after heard him say that I could enter. 

"Hey, I just wanted to know if you need anything before I go to bed." I said as Tsukasa was putting the last of his things away in the drawers. 

"Ah, I'm good thanks though." He said. I shrugged and made my way out the room.

"Alright, goodnight then!" I shut the door and made my way to my room, where I slept quietly until the morning time.