Chapter 2.13

Chapter 2.13:
You May Kiss The Bride
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Seven Months Later,
March 29th, 2017
4:10 PM

"Richie, I'm freaking the fuck out." Maya whined, holding her hair up as
Ellie stuck a bobbie pin in it. "I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't fucking breathe. I can't... fucking breathe."

"Maya, babe, calm down." Richie placed his hands on her bare shoulders, spinning her around in the chair. His thumb gently brushed across the scar on her shoulder. "You can breathe just fine. Unless that dress of yours, which you look beautiful as fuck in, by the way, is too tight."

"Yeah, you look beautiful." Patty smiled softly, holding the diamond hairpiece in her hand.

"And your dress is... wow." Ellie nodded to herself.

Maya wore a long dress that grazed the floor as she walked. It was an off the shoulder dress, which revealed the scar from Pennywise all those years ago. The sleeves were a beautiful lace that travelled to her neckline around her waist.

"I'd like to rip that dress right off of you, if you know what I mean." Richie squeezed her arms. "But it was super fucking expensive."

"I-I-" Maya inhaled sharply, "I still can't breathe."

Richie let out a lighthearted laugh as Audra reappeared from the bathroom. "Patty, come on. We have to get you in your place."

Patty was Beverly's maid of honor, along with Mike, Ben and another woman Beverly worked with years ago before she met her ex husband.

Richie was Maya's 'man of honor', along with Bill, Audra, and Ellie.

She took Patty by the arm, sneaking out of the dressing room and leaving Richie and Maya alone.

"Thanks again for being my man of honor." Maya changed the subject. "It means a lot and.. I'm just so glad I saw you again."

"Too bad I'm not the groom. Hey do you think in a different world we're the ones getting married?"

Maya scoffed, seating herself infront of the mirror as she adjusted her earrings. "Oh, please. In another world we'd already been married twenty years."

"You're right." Richie sniffed, wiping his eyes. "You're so right."

"Are you crying?" Concern laced her tone as Audra reentered the room.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm just so fucking happy for you and you just look so beautiful in that dress." 

Maya laughed tearfully as she stood up shakily. She took Richie into her arms as she slowly swayed him back and forth, telling herself she wouldn't cry as she didn't want to mess up the beautiful makeup Mavis did for her.

Ellie, Bill and Maya's dad entered the room together. Ellie held Maya's bouquet in her hands, the pink and red flowers standing out against the blue material of her dress.

"Are you ready, honey?" The older man asked, a tremble in his voice.

Maya looked up at Richie, glancing into his warm brown eyes before turning to her dad. "Hell no."

Audra rose her eyebrows, waiting for Maya to finish her sentence.

"But let's fucking do this!"

~~

"Do you, Beverly Marsh take Maya Bennett as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" The priest spoke, glancing at each of the women as they stared lovingly at each other.

"I do." Maya grinned widely as Beverly spoke those two words.

Her heart exploded with joy as she stared at her future wife.

"And do you, Maya Bennett, take Beverly Marsh as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do." Beverly squeezed Maya's hands tightly.

"The brides may now speak their vows to each other."

Beverly took a deep breath before speaking, "Maya.. what can I say about you? You're perfect.. I love you dearly, more than I've ever loved anyone before. You were my best friend, you are my best friend, and you always will be my best friend. Today, I take you to be my wife. I promise to love you, to cherish you, and to hold you until my dying breath. I promise to hold you when nights get cold and when days seem hard. I, Beverly Marsh, take you, my beautiful Maya Bennett to be my life partner."

Maya sniffed, pulling her hand away to wipe tears from her eyes.

"Beverly Marsh." Maya started, a grin adorning her face. "Beverly Marsh.. I knew I loved you from the moment I saw you that dreadfully hot summer day. I've loved you since that day and I'll love you till the day I die. You mean everything to me, and I can't wait to make more memories with you, but not as my girlfriend.. as my wife. Memories like we had when we were young and stupid teens.. Like when we stole that tequila, sorry dad." Maya paused for the laughter that erupted in the room. "I love you dearly, totally, fully with every fibre of my being. I promise to give my everything to you, even if my everything is nothing. I promise to have you, to love you, to hold you, when all we have is each other. When the days are hard, because they will be, I promise to be your rock. I promise to love you, to cherish you, with every bit of me until my very last breath. I, Maya Bennett, take you, Beverly Marsh to be my life's partner."

Richie sniffed, wiping a tear away as he watched his best friends grin at each other, tears streaming down both of their faces.

"By the power invested in me, by the good Lord above, I now pronounce you.. wife and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Beverly leaned in, dipping the shorter woman and connecting their lips.

As cheers erupted around the two, Maya couldn't help but smile into the kiss as everything fell into place.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1040 }

{ A/n: wow what an ending im crying so hard }

{ Edited: No }

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮 ~ 𝐛𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 🎉