! BIOHAZARD !
beware of contamination.
The moon will shine for God
knows how long.
As if it still matters. As if someone
is trying to recall a dream.
Believe the brain is a cage of light
& rage. When it shuts off,
something else switches on.
There's no better reason than now
to lock the doors, the windows.
Turn off the sprinklers
& porch light. Save the books
for fire. In darkness,
we learn to read
what moves along the horizon,
across the periphery of a gun scope—
the flicker of shadows,
the rustling of trash in the body
of cities long emptied.
Not a soul lives
in this house &
this house & this
house. Go on, stiffen
the heart, quicken
the blood. To live
in a world of flesh
& teeth, you must
learn to kill
what you love,
& love what can die.
— Burlee Vang
"THE ENTIRE WORLD is interrupted; chaos takes over and fear controls the actions of those who remain free of the disease. You see, everything starts with a bite or a scratch, maybe even a little nibble. You can never be too careful. Then it's like a furnace is lit and a consuming fever overtakes your entire body, burning you up from the inside out until you're so delirious you believe that the world is right again and the dead remain in their graves. If only you'd be right..."
"After that? You burn up until you die. It burns your soul out of your body until there's nothing left but a hollow husk. That's when something else turns on inside of you — it controls you. Almost like a parasite. It tells you to eat, bite, scratch, and kill anything that's living and not diseased like you. I've seen it happen before, I promise I wouldn't lie about it. Point being... after you're infected, you're a goner. You burn up and there's nothing left inside. That is why we kill them, understand me?"
1. DIVERSE characters exist! This means males exist, straight people exist, POC exist, disabled people exist, and not everyone has a tragic fuckin' backstory. I want a diverse selection of characters and I hope to see some good ones out there. I believe in you all. Though, do keep in mind that the general setting of the story is South Korea.
2. YOU can apply with as many characters as you want, I won't set you on a limit. I don't know how many characters I'm accepting right now but I'll try to fit everyone in if I can.
3. THE first password is to answer this question: What's your favorite song at the moment? The second password is to tag at least two other users who might be interested in applying.
— ( No passwords, no acceptance unless I love you. Chances are, if you're a newbie, I don't love you. Yet. )
4. CHARACTER death is a real possibility. Do not get pissed at me if your character dies or gets cut a bad deal in the story; shit happens, people live and die all the time. Especially in this world.
5. IF your character isn't picked, I'm sorry. I can only accept so many for the plot, though I love reading every application. If you apply now, I'm likely to tag you or contact you for future opportunities in other books of mine, so make sure you apply!
6. ASK any questions inline here.
7. HAVE fun! I'll try to keep this story as interactive as possible. If you have any ideas for that, drop them here.
I'm very excited for this! It's been in my head for awhile now so let's get going.
➢ Next Chapter: Applications.
YOU ARE READING
BIOHAZARD ° APOCALYPSE APPLYFICMystery / Thriller
𝐁𝐈𝐎𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐃 | ❝ Survival is the only thing that matters anymore, the rest is irrelevant. ❞ When a defense contractor working under the umbrella of a wealthy company experiments with biological warfare, the entire world is thrown out of b...