31.

Blink Twice - Joy Oladokun 

The rain pelted the window outside the small shop I was scanning through. I had spent the last two days trying my best to keep Bakugou off of my mind. My fingers traced along the row of shirts, pants, and accessories as my eyes remained opened. It was as if I was just an empty shell of myself wandering aimlessly around town. 

My eyes immediately went to a black sweater that hung loosely on a hanger in front of me. I turned my head slightly as I push it back a bit to get a better look before deciding to add it to my collection of black apparel. 

There was no use in trying it on, I hadn't eaten anything in a few days now and I knew that this oversized sweater would just drape anyways. Walking myself up to the counter with the one item in hand felt a bit pathetic to I quickly grabbed a pack of mini golden hooped earings before continuing to the front. 

"Did you find everything ok today?" 

My eyes dart up at the preppy high pitched voice of the young girl behind the counter. She reminded me of kid sister Kat which put a gentle smile on my face. 

"Y-yeah I did, thanks," I say before pulling out the exact amount as my mind drifted off once again. 

"There you go! Have a wonderful day!" 

I nod in response taking hold of the plastic bag before turning towards the exit. As my eyes wandered to the front I was quickly met with a blonde-haired boy causing me to drop my item. I was frozen as the figure continued to move about the store. It couldn't be, could it? 

If it was what would I even say? I couldn't get a good look at him but my feet wouldn't move. My heart began to pound out of my chest as my hands shook at their sides. 

"Is everything alright mam?" 

It was the young cashier again as I snap back to reality and turn my attention to her. I couldn't find the words as she smiled sympathetically at me. 

"Here you go, you don't want to forget this?" she beamed as her loud voice attracted the attention of the majority of the store. Her eyes looked so sincere, but I could tell she was also very confused by my expression. I could hear in the distance some whispers causing me to feel self-conscious. 

My head darts around and meets eyes with the blonde, only to feel a pang in my gut when the figure was a complete stranger. I wasn't expecting the emotions that followed me as I took hold of my bag and ran out of the store. My heart felt like it had fallen through to the floor as my feet pelted the wet floor below me. The people and the street signs all began to blur around me as my pace began to quicken. I wasn't sure how long I ran and I couldn't tell if it was my tears that coated my face or the rain. I just didn't want to think anymore about anything. 

The crowded part of downtown was approaching and I quickly began darting through the crowd as people hollered in my direction. There was no stopping me as I continued my pace. That is until I completely collided into a strong figure before me. My body fell back against the cement below me, but somehow the figure I ran into was harder than the ground below me. I tried my best to catch my breath from the impact as civilians walked around me as the rain continued down on top of my head. My eyes were so blurred from the rain and my own tears that I couldn't make out the figure as they stood before me in a black sweater with the hood up. 

"Misaki?" 

I recognized the voice as I rubbed my eyes a bit. 

"Misaki! Are you alright!?" 

The figure quickly pulled back their hood exposing a full head of red hair before bending down to help me up. It was Kirishima, probably the last person I really needed to see but I was so in shock and so cold I couldn't do much about it.