54 - Explanations

Adith pov

It's uncomfortable when our mother and father are glaring at us when we did something wrong.

That's what I feel now as both are glaring at me as I am lying down on the shit hospital bed with band-aided hand, shoulder, and head.

On the other side, my Jaan is sitting on the chair cutting fruits with her head hung low with guilt. But what is there to be guilty when all she knows is innocence.

Thank God I am Alive. Others who would take care of her?

Now she turned to me with wide eyes. God, I said it aloud.

And it's the first sentence I spoke after I woke up. I don't know what happened back there yet I can assure you that everything went as per my plan seeing their glares which didn't show any sadness in them.

"She is the one always caring for you. And you always laid on the bed as it's your only goal" my mom said shooting daggers at me.

"Wow mom, you read my mind voice. I am lucky to have a mom like you" I ranted hiding the fact I said it aloud.

She came towards me and twisted my ear making me flinch in pain, "your acts won't work on me, my stupid son"

"Ahhh, mom leaves me.... it's... it's painful" she left it glaring at me.

"It is the way to treat an injured person, that too who saved your daughter's life," I complained rubbing my ear, I am sure it will be pinkish by now.

"Who told you to do all these by yourself? I would have helped you. What if something happened to you all. You always take others to your trouble, life is not a joke to play with Adith" dad whispered in a hard and serious tone.

It's dangerous to argue with a serious dad.

"Dad I know you can help me. But the situation is not under control, all of our mobiles have been under tracking. I can't ask for help not explain my situation to anyone out there. And I don't have any evidence to prove his crimes. Even me and Rahul never talked anything on the phone" I tried to explain to him.

"I am always free to hear your problems"

"But dad, I didn't have any time for all those craps as our lives are in danger anytime" arguing with dad is like writing a message on water, we will fail at last.

"Even after knowing your lives are in threat, you didn't do any precautions to protect you let alone your wife"

Here he got the point to make my mouths shut.

"Sorry dad" I hung my head down in shame to not able to protect my Janvi.

"You should be Adith. Learn from your mistakes" he stood up buttoning his coat, "I am leaving, wife are you coming with me or staying here?" He asked mom.

"Just a minute," mom said to dad and came close to me. She caresses my cheek and kissed my forehead lovingly as a tear rolled her cheek.

"Never cry for me mom"

"No Adi, I know my son will live long, but I am proud to have a son like you. You saved my daughter who I love more than you now" she said smirking the last part.

"Acha?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

Abruptly, I remember that mom and dad know about Janvi's past.

"Dad, can you wait for a minute? I want to discuss something important to you" Turing to Janvi, "Jaan can you be out for a few minutes?" She nodded and got out placing the fruits on the table beside me.