Chapter-11

Jameson

Amaya has been driving me crazy about finding Meera's husband.

I went to the hospital the other day after she told me about it. They said that he came into the hospital and got diagnosed with schizophrenia.

What their family didn't know was that he left the hospital without any treatment. I don't understand if he is missing or if he has gone AWOL.

I made the board of the hospital meet with his wife Meera. Poor girl, she looked devastated after we showed her the footage of him leaving the hospital. I promised her that I would help her in finding her husband and have been working with the police ever since. It's been 2 weeks since she told me about it.

Amaya and her crazy obsession with helping Meera is the reason we got closer to finding Meera's Husband. I don't understand why she feels personally responsible for this scenario, I've seen many people in my life who never cared if there was a person dying on the floor.

But Amaya is one of the empaths, she feels that Meera's pain is her and she almost risked her own life in her quest of finding him.

It still scares me when I think about that, the night when she made a breakthrough in finding Meera's husband. It was 1:15 AM in the night and that's when I got a phone call from her.

I was up finishing my reports regarding the Saline plant that went into production. My heart jumped on seeing her name on my phone.

"Hello Jameson, I need some help Can you come to this address?, it's an emergency" she whispered into the phone as soon as I picked up.

"Are you okay? And what are doing downtown at this time of the night?" I asked her looking at the location she sent, worried about her safety.

"I can't explain everything now. Forget it, I'll call someone else. I should have known better." she hissed at me

"Fine, I'm coming give me like 8 minutes." I told her, and she cut the call.

I was so worried for her.

What was she doing in those dark alleys in downtown?

Those are the scary places people generally avoid. I wish the world was evolved enough for her to go to places like that, sadly it's not.

This girl always goes right into trouble. I know that's the only reason I met her but sometimes I can't help but think of the ways it might hurt her. She is so clumsy at days I wonder, how did she survive this long.

Cursing myself for being ignorant about her words to find him soon. I didn't think that she will take the matter in her won hands, Panicked and frightened about her I got into the car and started driving.

I parked my car by the road and started walking towards the location. It's so dark and I couldn't find her at the exact location she sent me.

I started wandering around looking for her.

All the bad things that happened in these started flooded my mind, I picked my phone from the pocket  and tried calling her, but it was going to voice mail.

Where is she?

Did she call someone and leave?

Did something happen to her?

"Thank god you are here, help me get out of here." she sneaked up from the back side and held my hand.

Thank god she is okay, I observed her face as she was sweating in panic.

Her voice and face relieved me from all the pain and worry I had in my mind for her.

"Are you crazy? What are you doing here at this time?" I yelled furious at her actions, what if something happened to her?