Christmas Special (Part 1)

The next two chapters will not affect the timeline or the story. Everything will continue from the last chapter after these are done.

I apologize for typos because I rushed :D

Enjoy ~

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Soundwave's Quarters. The Nemesis.

(Normal POV)

It was a normal boring day onboard the Decepticons warship. Mechs that came back from their shifts retreated to their quarters or the rec. room while the ones who are about to start their shifts walked slowly towards their destinations with miserable feelings.

Megatron sat on his throne, posture slouched, one leg lifted over the other and a hand under his chin, the other tapping against the armrest in a slow rhythm.

Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker flew lazily in the atmosphere. No Autobots on sight, which is not a surprise since they didn't usually come out during the winter months. With nothing to do, they decided to travel around for a bit. Megatron didn't need them currently so they could cut themselves some slack.

Knockout and Breakdown were in the med bay. The red medic was sitting on a berth, fiddling with a piece of medical equipment. Breakdown was leaning against a wall. His mace in his servo's as he swung it around gently.

Soundwave was in his quarters. The silent mech decided to work in his office today. Cecilia and the condor brothers sat close to him. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw perched on each side of his shoulders and Cecilia next to his keyboard, taking occasional notes.

It was almost the definition of peaceful. Almost.

"Yo Ravage! Not cool bro. Give that back!"

A growl was heard.

"Nu-uh. I found that first do it's mine!"

A snort.

"I don't care if your a pussy cat and you need to play with a giant ball of wires. I got it fair and square. Now give it!"

The small mech and the mechanical panther brawled right there in the middle of the room. Rumble had a good grip on what looks like a ball of tangled wires in Ravage's mouth.

"Rumble: Cease argument. Do not disturb Ravage." Soundwave ordered. The poor mech had a helmache starting to form in his processors from this non-sense.

Cecilia gave a small laugh. Soundwave tilted his head towards her and gave a smiley face emoji. It was an incredible step for her to open up with his small family. When he first met her she was quiet and closed off, not even showing any emotion. But behind that mask was a bright girl who has a kind personality.

Even if he does not want to admit it, Soundwave has grown used to her. Ravage had become some sort of protector/bodyguard for her. Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, and Buzzsaw were her older brothers while Ratbat was the younger brother.

Rumble crossed his arms but obliged begrudgingly to his order. He stomped towards where his twin was in the main room and joined him in playing a video game. Buzzsaw flew from Soundwave's shoulder down to the table.

While watching Soundwave do his work, Cecilia started to hum a song quietly. Ratbat chirped happily and nuzzled deeper into the grey sweater that she was wearing. The girl rubbed the back of his helm and continued to hum.

Laserbeak gave a flap of his wings and hovered down next to the human and sat there quietly. Ravage gave a stretch and jumped off the berth to go and curl up beneath the table.

After a while, Soundwave stopped typing and looked down at the small group.

"Query: What song is Cecilia vocalizing?"

"It's called 'That's Christmas to Me'. I used to sing this at my school's Christmas celebration." She answered softly.

That caught Rumble and Frenzy's interest. They scrambled over back into the room and sat next to their siblings.

"Oh yeah, we heard of that event," Rumble said.

Frenzy nodded. "Is it when you get presents from that big fat guy? Santa?"

Ratbat gave a squeak of agreement.

Cecilia smiled and shook her head lightly.

"Getting presents is a part of Christmas but that's not why we celebrate it."

Rumble and Frenzy gave her confused looks. "Then what's the point?"

Soundwave helped the girl this time.

"Christmas: the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on December 25."

"So this Christ guy is important?" Frenzy asked.

Cecilia nodded. "I'm not much of a religious person but I do believe in Christ."

"So these Christian fleshies celebrate Christmas cuz this Christ person was born." Rumble summarized.

The girl gave a nod.

"Oooh." The twins trailed off.

"But this Santa person gives the presents right?" They asked simultaneously.

"Well, Santa is not actually real," Cecilia explained. She tried her best not to laugh when she saw the disappointed looks on their faces. Ratbat gave a questioning chirp and tugged on her hair.

She gave a wince and gently held Ratbat's claws to release her hair. She gave him a rub on the back of his helm and continued her explanation.

"Parents say that to their kids for some reason. When I was younger I stayed awake the night before Christmas but he never came. I caught my mom putting my present under the Christmas tree instead. Then she explained to me that Santa was not real."

"When you were a small fleshy your carrier gave you your presents?" Rumble asked.

Frenzy gave a laugh. "So that means Boss will give us our presents!" He announced.

Soundwave just stood there awkwardly. In his mind, he was about to tell them that no, he was not going to participate in this sentiment but after seeing their hopeful faces and the patient smile from his charge he caved in and gave a small nod.

They cheered in exhilaration.

Cecilia laughed.

Rumble stood up from his spot. "25th of December is tomorrow! We need to get ready. From what I searched on the internet is that fleshies decorate their houses for Christmas."

"And that we all get presents. That means the others too. We can ask Skywarp for help. He is our pranking buddy after all." Frenzy added.

The twins gave devilish grins and rushed off somewhere. Soundwave shook his helm and chuckled quietly then returned to his work. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw flew out to find the troublesome twins and to keep an optic on them. Cecilia continued her humming and cuddled with Ratbat as he fell into light recharge.