1~ Home!?

Small note: Thanks for choosing to read this potentially cringy book.

Edited small note: Comments might no longer make sense as this chapter is now edited

_______________________________________

*Bass Boom*

UNDERTALE

*Base Boom*

》- Y/n's POV -《
》- Ten years ago -《

It was cold and. . . soft? I don't remember rock being soft. Maybe I died and I'm in heaven now laying on clouds?

When I opened my eyes I was proven wrong. The only light illuminated from above casting down a bright spotlight. I looked down to see what I was on, it was a bed of golden flowers.

Ah so that is what broke my fall. Wanting to get up and get a better look around, I looked for my forearm crutches. Luckily they landed right next to me. I grabbed them, attached them around my forearms and stood up.

Three years ago, I lost almost my entire right leg. Everything past my mid-thigh is gone. At first it was emotionally hard but I'm thirteen now, I've learned how to stay strong.

I entered through some doors were the sunlight could no longer follow, in front of me were some purple bricked structures. Some sections would look clean and well kept, while others were ruined and filled with vegetation. I traveled up the main stairs and spotted a frog like creature sitting next to a doorway that led to the next room.

I went up to the creature and said, "Hello my name is y/n. Do you by any chance know where I am?"

The creature spoke in ribbits but somehow I was able to understand it. "Hello y/n, I am froggit. You are in the underground. Where monsters lived ever since we were banished from the surface. More specifically in Home."

I recall reading about the legends of this mountain. Who knew they were actually true? A part of me is excited by the new discovery. And home?! I wonder who came up with that name?

"The king, Asgore, named this place, (He is not very good with names.) and I can't say you can call this place home anymore. It's more like ruins now. Many monsters including the king and queen have left after the tragedy of their two children. It has been a few years now, and they haven't visited this place since."

The froggit looked sad so I decided not to press him further. Instead I asked him how I could leave the ruins.

"Follow the path and it will lead you out of Home. But, be careful there is more monsters outside Home. They will try to capture you to in order take your soul. By taking your soul, we monsters will be one step closer the breaking the barrier that keeps us locked away down here. You be on your gaurd and good luck!"

"I will. Thank you for the help froggit. Good bye!" I waved

"Good bye!" Froggit waved back.

After traveling through puzzles and conversing with other monsters I reached a house with a dead looking tree infront. I watch a leaf magically grow then proceed to turn red and fall off the branch. Inside the house, there was everything needed for a family of four. After looking around, I discovered this was where the royal family lived. The froggit was right. It appeared that no one had been in this place for a long time.

Tired from the eventful day, I found a room and rested there for the night.

___________________

The next day I packed some food and walked down the basement where I guessed the exit could be. To my delight I was correct. I walked through the hallway and reached the ruin's exit. When I opened the door, I  was met with cold snow and a mild snow storm.

"Huh, how very ice." I rolled my eyes at my own joke and closed the door to go back and get some warmer clothes.

After that little setback I finally set off through the forest. For the most part it was quiet. There was no sign of any monsters. A little bit later, I came across a forked road and a sign.

◇ North ~ Ice ◇
◇ East ~ Ice ◇
◇ South ~ Ice ◇
◇ West ~ Snowdin village and Ice ◇

Well I don't wanna go where monsters are, so I guess I'll go ice- I mean South! So south I went and eventually found myself at a cliffside with some very unstable stairs made of stone.

With no other choice I traveled down the steps. At the bottom there was a small abandoned house. With crops that could withstand the cold snow. It looked to have been abandoned years ago.

Seeing no other place to stay I entered the dingy cottage. It was dark yet shockingly warm inside. After rummaging through some drawers, I found a matchbook and some candles. Lighting a match up with a quick scrape across the striker the room lit up from the small flame. I held the match over the wik of a candle and the flame clings onto it.

With a light source now in my inventory, I take a look around the abandoned shelter. A sense of relief washed over me.

Welcome Home, y/n it appears this is were your going to live from now on. Hmm... I'll call this place... Little House.

Oof, I guess I'm not that good with names either.

_______________________________________

898 words

Originally published - April 6, 2020
First edit - Nov. 23, 2020
Second edit - August 22, 2021