Chapter 3

"Emma wake up!" I hear my dad say and I try to ignore him and He repeats "Emma wake up" I groan and roll over "come on sweetie, we have to get ready the ball is in a few hours"
"Lemme sleep some more" I say bringing out my inner teenager.
"Emma get up, or I'm going to make you get up"
I groan and open my eyes to see about 15 people running around my room pulling out random things from drawers closets and baskets
"Why are all these people here?" I ask sitting up and becoming aware of my messy hair.
"Helping you get ready" he says "meet me in the den in an hour, I've got something to give you" he says and leaves me alone with all these people.
"Princess Emma! How nice to finally meet you!" A lady says and helps me out of bed. "You must shower before we start your makeup" she says and leads me to the bathroom and closes the door behind me.
I quickly shower and the second I've put on some simple clothes and sat down people were ripping through my hair and painting my nails. I just close my eyes and try to relax. The lady's are chatting away about the curse and finding family members and getting back into there old lives. Once they Have finished my hair nails and makeup it's time to put on the dress. I put on the first corset then the many layers of skirts then the final red dress slips over they many layers. The dress is gorgeous, the smooth red fabric contrasts perfectly with my fair skin and the beads around the sides make the dress shimmer when I move. It's perfect (dress from season 3 finale)
"Thank you, so much for all of this, I look beautiful" I say and smile at them and they hurry out of the room. I check my clock and see it's been an hour and a half and I walk as fast as I can in the dress and I see my father sitting in a chair reading a book. He stands up to greet me
"You look beautiful" he says
"Thank you" I say and smile at him "so do you" I say commenting on his new princely get up.
"I wanted to give you this" he says and pulls out a small tiara from behind him and places it right into my hair. "All princess need a crown" he says and gives me a hug
"Thanks daddy" I say
"Let's find your mother, and then we can open the gates and start the party" he says and let's me take his arm in mine and we walk out of then den and down the hallway to my parents room.
"Snow? You here?" He says and opens the door. He goes inside when my mother yells back at him and I stay in the hallway. My parents come back out a moment later arm in arm and I follow them down the hallway and into the small room right before the ballrooms grand staircase.
"Emma,are you nervous?"
"No, I'll be fine" I say and try to cover up my lie because I'm terrified about this ball.
"Let's go" my mom says and opens the door and there is hundreds of people in the ballroom sitting and eating some are talking and dancing and others are just talking around the outside of the huge room. The people stop dancing when they see us and give some nice applause. My parents go around talking to people they know and I find myself drifting to the sides of the ballroom. The dancing goes on for a while and I start to get hungry but my parents haven't eaten yet so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to.
"Your majesty, you look beautiful" an Irish accent echoes in my ear
"Thanks" I say and I look up to see the pirate from the bar.
"Care to dance?" He says and stretches out his arm
"No thanks"
"What? Is this your first ball?"
"Acutely yes" I say and I look at my shoes. His finger it under my chin and he pushes my head up so my eyes meet his.
"You don't know how to dance?" He asks and I nod
"That's okay I'll teach you, it's quite simple really?"
"It looks so hard all these moves"
"In a waltz there is only 1 rule, pick a partner who knows what he's doing?"
"And you know how to do whatever this is?"
"Of course!" He says and we are standing on the outside of the dance floor. He puts his hand and prosthetic on my hip and in my hand and he leads my feet in a box pattern and I slowly pick up on the repeating moves of the waltz. I walk around him and I see him silently laughing.
"Don't laugh I'm getting the hang of this" I say and he stands up and we move again.
"I'm not laughing its just an hour ago you didn't even want to be here and now your smiling, you look happy"
"I'm having fun, is that a bad thing"
"No it's wonderful" he says and I lift my eyes up to meet his and our faces are only a few inches apart. I wouldn't have pulled away if the musicians didn't stop playing and everybody didn't clap for them.
"You wanna get some fresh air? It's really hot in this dress" I say and I link my arm in his
"I'd love to" he says and lead me out a side door to a small garden.
"What's your name?" I ask him
"People just call me Captain Hook"
"Yeah I know that but what's your real name?"
"Killian Jones"
"I like it" I say
"Thanks, Emma I had a lot of fun tonight and my crew and I are staying here for a while so maybe you and I can go on a proper date?" He says and grabs my hand in his
"Killian id love too" I say and he smiles at me and leans his head down and slowly leans in to kiss me. And I kiss him back bringing my hand to his waist. He pulls away.
"Let's get something to eat" he whispers and we slowly walk back to the ballroom. The rest of the night passed by in a blur we danced and ate and laughed. But the part I enjoyed the most is when people started leaving. Killian and his crew needed to get back to the ship. My parents were saying good bye to some people when the music finally stopped and I turned towards Killian
"That was probably the best night of my life" I say
"Me too" he says "I'll find you tomorrow?"
"Of course" I say and he kisses my hand before following his crew out of the ball room and back to the docks.
I say good bye to other important people and some commoners that came tonight and once everybody was gone I started to follow my mom upstairs.
"Did you have fun?" She asks
"Yeah, probably the best royal ball I've ever been to" I say and she stops on the stairs and turns towards me
"Did you really like it?" She asks
"I loved it" I say and she faces lights up.
"Do your feeling towards the ball have anything to do with that guy I saw you with?"
"What guy?" I ask pretending I didn't spend all night hanging out with Killian.
"You spent the entire time with him how did you think I wouldn't notice?"
"Your not the problem... Did dad see?"
"Everybody saw" she says "what's his name?"
"Killian Jones, he's the captain of the jolly rodger"
"You danced with a pirate?" She partially yells at me
"He's not a bad guy" I say
"Emma, he's just looking for a nightcap, nothing more. Don't fall into his trap"
"Trust me I've been with guys who are just looking for one night, he wasn't"
"I'm sorry but if I were you I would not get involved with him"
"I'm not getting involved!" I say
"Really because I'm pretty sure that kiss meant something to you"
"You know we kissed?"
"Now I do" she says and smirks and leaves me standing at a loss for words outside my bedroom door.
"This conversation isn't over" she calls back and I ignore her and walk into my room quickly change into a soft night gown and I burry my body in my blankets and I drift off to sleep.