Chapter 47

~~~~~~***Brief update*** I just wanted to let you guys know that The Princess and The Alpha is finally in it's last stages of publishing! I have updates and a cover contest going on. If you want to keep up on all that go and have a peek at TPATP! I know I have so many creative readers and I would love to see your covers if you're a cover artist!~~~~~

Ajax came into my bedroom shortly after I woke up. I knew he would and I was waiting for him. I didn't understand this heat in its entirety, but I was smart enough to see that it had some kind of effect on him just the same. I might've been the one with the hotness surging through my body, but it triggered something wild and primal in him that was hard to suppress just the same. It was like my body was calling to him.

But when he came into my room that night it was so easy to see the arrogance rolling off of him despite the fact that he was only wearing a pair of grey joggers and a white tee shirt.

"I knew this would happen," he claimed, watching me as he leaned against the door frame. The cocky, unrushed gesture made me grit my teeth in annoyance, but hearing his voice was enough to make my hips buck upwards. The tank top and pair of panties I had on suddenly seemed to feel so restricting. "I knew that it would only be a matter of time before your body gave in to me. You might want to fight me but your body needs me, Keiko."

"Fuck you," I groaned, but there wasn't much conviction in my voice. It was a pathetic, feeble whimper that only gave him more credibility.

"Come on, Keiko. Don't be like that. At least let me mark you. That you probably make your wolf happy enough for tonight," he coaxed, now moving into the room after shutting the door behind himself.

I couldn't even consider his words for a moment. The white moonlight that danced through my large window illuminated his form, causing me to lose my breath. I always knew that Ajax was attractive. It was impossible not to see. The first time I saw him I knew I would never be able to forget his face.

But now, I saw the man with wild eyes and burning auburn hair. I saw the way his muscular chest rose and fell with each ragged breath as he approached me. Those perfectly straight, white teeth gently bit into his lower lip, making me want to groan out loud. He could sound as cocky and as sure of himself as he wanted to be. His body language told me all I needed to know.

I had more power over him than he had over me in this moment. And I was more than happy to use it.

"I'm not giving you anything, Ajax," I shot back, knowing exactly what it would do to him.

He loved being challenged and he loved being denied. It made the chase sweeter. But it also made him a little weaker.

"Keiko, I've been more than patient with you," he reasoned. "When you went into your first heat in Denver I didn't touch you. You were begging me to take you and I didn't because I knew you weren't ready. Now you understand what is happening, you know what you are. It's time that you at least let me mark you."

I knew he was trying to sound like a prince should. He was trying to negotiate with me like he would with anyone. But I wasn't someone trying to engage in a deal with him. And when his eyes moved over the vague outline of my body under my blankets as he drew closer I knew what I had to do.

"No."

"Keiko, please."

It felt like my legs were impossibly heavy but I forced myself to sit up and twist my body so my legs dangled over the side of my bed. With a huff of exertion I pushed myself onto my feet. I refused to take this argument laying down, though there was a large part of me that just wanted to pull him on top of me and let him do whatever he wanted.

"Marking is a form of bonding isn't it?" My voice came out in a sultry purr.

"it strengths our bond, yes," he answered with optimism clear in his eyes. Poor man thought he had won already. Like he thought I wanted to get into this mess any deeper than I already was.

"I see. And you think that I would want to strength this bond? You think that I would want to tie myself more firmly to a man who pushes me into things I'm not prepared for?" I challenged, stepping closer to him. if I had been taller we would've been nose to nose. "You want me to treat you like a king but you aren't treating me like a queen."

"Please Keiko, just let me mark you," he whispered, clearly struggling with our closeness. His eyes fluttered shut and his head dipped down. It almost looked like he was about to kiss my neck. Clearly, he took my closeness as an invitation instead of intimidation. "It'll feel amazing."

To express my seriousness I placed my hands flat on his chest. Before the thrum of pleasantness could overtake me I shoved him hard enough that he took a stumbling step backwards. That brought a more grounded expression across his face.

"I don't know what marking is, but I know that I don't want it from you right now, no matter how good it feels."

"Tell me what you want and I'll give it to you. I promise. Just let me mark you," he begged. "I need it, baby girl. My wolf needs it."

The nickname almost made me crumple. The wetness that had started pooling between my legs now soaked through my panties. I wanted him so badly, even when I tried to fight it with everything I had.

"You know what I want," I whispered.

There was a moment of hesitation. Ajax's blazing eyes met mine. And for a second I could see him making the connection. I could tell that he fully understood my meaning and he knew that there was no way he could get out of this. it wasn't a negotiation. This was a demand.

His green eyes stayed locked on mine. And with impressive confidence he eased downward until he was kneeling in front of me. I could feel his warm breath on my thighs with only my lacy panties protecting me now. It made me shiver as I peered down at him.

"You have me on my knees, Keiko. Now what are you going to do about it?"

****Such a racy ending ;) Next chapter at 40 votes, I have great faith in all of you and I'm so glad with how this story is progressing! Also if you haven't checked out Satin on the Slopes I would recommend it! It's going to be as steamy as this novel once I'm done with it. I hope all of you are doing well and keep in mind that if you need a shoulder to lean on I'm always here****