vacation//g.d- pt4

Start from the beginning

"Swim?" She asked. Grayson nodded, picking up a t-shirt.

"Of course, but you gotta wear something on top 'till we get to the water, right?" He asked. Emily nodded and he stood her on the bed, helping her pull on the t-shirt. "There we go," He said, pressing a kiss to her cheek that Emily wiped away with a giggle.

"Are you two ready?" Y/N asked, walking in, Ella crying on her hip. "Alright, babe, here, you take her while Em helps me get ready, yeah?" Y/N asked, handing Ella over. Grayson sighed and held the little baby.

"What'd mama do this time?" He asked with a laugh. Y/N rolled her eyes. "We'll be having lots of fun in the living room if you need us," Grayson said, carrying her out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"Mama," Emily said, frowning. Y/N looked back at her. "Mama, wanna have fun too!" She exclaimed, pointing at the closed door. Y/N smiled.

"We're gonna have our own fun," Y/N said with a smile. Emily raised her eyebrows. "Yup, you wanna pick mama's swimsuit?" Y/N asked. Emily giggled and nodded, climbing off of the bed and running towards her.

"Where'd baby go?" Emily asked, suddenly distracted as she tried to pull up y/n's shirt. Y/N smiled and pulled it up, putting a hand down. "Baby?" She asked. Y/N nodded.

"Still in there," Y/N said as Emily rubbed her mama's stomach. "You feel the baby?" Y/N asked with a smile. Emily shook her head.

"Baby still tiny," She explained. Y/N laughed and nodded, pulling her shirt back down. "Baby come to beach too?" She asked. Y/N nodded.

"The baby goes wherever mama goes," Y/N explained. Emily nodded. "You wanna pick a bathing suit now?"

"This one!" She yelled, picking her mama's yellow swimsuit. Y/N smiled. "Match Em's," Emily said, lifting the t-shirt to show her mama her own yellow bathing suit. Y/N laughed.

"Oh no daddy messed up your straps," Y/N said, pulling off Emily's t-shirts. "Daddy's so silly," Y/N said with a laugh as she fixed Em's straps. Emily giggled.

"Daddy so silly."

---

"Perfect," Grayson said, as he patted down the damp sand in place. Emily giggled, handing him the shovel. "You wanna do it?" He asked. Emily nodded, plopping down in the sand and began to shovel some more sand into the bucket.

"Ready?" She asked once the bucket was full. Grayson shook his head.

"You gotta add a little water, remember?" He asked. Emily nodded and stood up, lugging her bucket with her. Grayson smiled and sat back on his palms as he watched Emily fill her bucket with a little water and run back.

"All done!" She giggled. Grayson smiled and took the bucket from her. She sat on her knees as she watched him pat the sand in the bucket down. "Wanna help!" She exclaimed. Grayson took his hands away, holding the bucket for her as she patted it down with her tiny hands, little ring making indents in the sand that she smoothed out.

"Now we flip it," He said. Emily grinned as she helped him hold the bucket.

She wasn't doing anything, really, she was simply placing her hands on the bucket as Grayson flipped it over. He patted the bottom of the bucket and she helped him. "Done yet?" She asked. Grayson smiled and they pulled the bucket up, to reveal a perfect block of sand, another tower for their castle. Emily giggled.

"Look at that, we're almost done," He said. Emily giggled and nodded, already shoveling more sand into the bucket for their third tower. "We'll make it a triangle sandcastle," He told her. She looked at him.

"Ti-ngle?" She asked. Grayson laughed and nodded, drawing a triangle in the sand to show her. She nodded and went back to filling her bucket.

Grayson fixed the ring on his finger as he watched y/n walk back with Ella. He smiled as she sat next to him. "She doesn't like the water," Y/N said with a smile as Emily ran back to add water to her sand. "Began to cry when I stood her in it," Grayson smiled, looking down at Ella.

"You scared of the water, angel?" He asked. She didn't say anything as she reached her chubby arms put to him. Grayson took her from y/n and held her up. "Look at you, with your little bucket hat," Grayson said, pressing his nose to hers.

Y/N smiled as Emily came running back. "Mama, castle!" Emily exclaimed as she pulled her bucket up to reveal a lopsided tower of sand. Her face fell when she realized it wasn't as nice as her daddy had done. Grayson smiled.

"It looks perfect princess," He praised. She looked up at him, her little sister on his chest. "Now your sandcastle's finished!" He exclaimed. She smiled, still sad her tower wasn't perfect.

Y/N sighed and stood up. "Come, let's go play in the water, baby," She said, reaching out her hand. Emily let out a little sigh and stood up. Grayson pouted as y/n looked back at him.

"How 'bout we send a picture to uncle E, hmm?" Grayson asked, reaching into his pocket for his phone. "He's gonna be so jealous," Grayson said, snapping a picture of the sandcastle.

"Yup," Emily said, taking y/n's hand and rubbing her feet together to get the sand off. "What ucle E say?" She asked. Grayson smiled as they waited for a response. Gray smiled as he got a snap back.

He handed the phone to Emily and y/n helped her open it to reveal a picture of her uncle. "He said he loves it, see?" Y/N asked, pointing at the caption under Ethan's wowed face. "Says he wants to live in it with you," She read. Emily smiled.

"Ucle E like it," She said with a giggle. Grayson smiled and nodded as she handed his phone back. Emily looked up at her mama. "Walk, mama?" She asked. Y/N nodded and took her daughter's hand again.

"Bring back me and Ella a seashell, okay?" He asked. Emily giggled and walked away with her mama. Grayson looked down at Ella, her eyes fluttering shut. "Awh, my angel's sleepy," He whispered, brushing a strand of hair away from her eyes.

Grayson laid back on the towel and kept Ella at his chest, who had now dozed off with her fingers wrapped around Grayson's chain. Grayson sighed and closed his eyes as his fingers softly drummed on Ella's back, lulling himself to sleep with the sound of the crashing waves.