Under The Mistletoe [Kuro/Mahiru]

(A/N: To those who replied to my question of what I should write for Christmas, thank you for your suggestions! It was fun brainstorming and taking notes from all of your wonderful ideas and combining them into one. Thank you!

And as per usual, with most of my oneshots, this is gonna contain smut. I already asked if y'all wanted smut and all of you thirsty guys said yes. :P

Oh and also, this will be KuroMahi centric since I've been really tired these past few days and didn't have the time to put enough scenes that show Kuro and Mahiru with the others and this may have some spelling or grammar mistakes so you have been warned.

Please report any mistakes to me quickly so I can fix it! Thank you and have a nice Christmas holiday! This is my Christmas gift to you all! ^^)

~{&}~

Light seeped through the cracks of the blinds, hitting their target on point which was Mahiru's face. It illuminated his form, like a prince being bestowed his crown. It stirred the said male gently from his sleep, but he didn't feel like opening his eyes yet. Sweet and comforting warmth wrapped his body in an enticing hug that he didn't want to escape from.

In response to that hug, he decided to snuggle into it more, seeking the comfort it provided. He felt safe, protected and loved in it's embrace. A little while longer, he promised the sun. A bit longer. He wanted to selfishly bask in the sense of belonging the hug provided just for a little longer.

Alas, the sun did not give up it's battle with Mahiru's sleepiness just yet. In retaliation, a stronger bounce of light stroke his face, threatening to blind his eyes for a while if he didn't wake up now. The threat was enough to stir Mahiru up from his slumber, although it was a reluctant one.

Mahiru slowly brought his hands up to his eyes to sap the demon of sleep in him to a cellular size of it's former self. Feeling that merely rubbing his eyes may not do the trick, he tried to get up but found himself immobile. It also felt like a weight was over his waist and that his legs were tangled in something.

Confusion overrode his senses. He blinked twice, stabilising his vision until he could see clearly and not just a blurry image. Once that was done, he looked up and almost immediately, his eyes softened.

It was his loyal Servamp, Kuro, who also happened to be his lover, sleeping peacefully beside him. Kuro's arm was wrapped around his waist and his legs were tangled with his, locking them in place.

Mahiru didn't exactly know how they managed to confess to each other. He knew that they were both too awkward to, so it was a miracle it happened after pining for each other for so long. He wasn't the type that usually initiated these sorts of things especially if it was concerning Kuro. He told him that he would wait for him and he did wait. A small part in him also feared being rejected so he kept his mouth sealed tightly shut. And when Kuro finally did confess after having defeated Tsubaki, a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders and he could breathe again.

He smiled, enjoying the moment. He felt loved in his embrace. It felt like Kuro would always protect him and would never let him go, that he'd always be by his side and would support him all the way until the very end. It was as if they were just meant to be, with fate entwining both of their strings together.

For how long though?

Mahiru gulped as unease started flooding his heart. Kuro was immortal while he had a lifespan. Humans generally die at around the age of eighty or so but Kuro has surpassed that number by decades and centuries. And he was sure that the number would continue to pile up.

Who was going to take care of Kuro once he died? Will Kuro be able to overcome the grief that his death would probably bring? Who was going to be his partner? Where will he stay? Where will he go? Every question his mind popped up with, the heavier his heart became.