North's Break

North's Break

(A/N--this is a continuation of the story "Valentine's Day" but can be read stand-alone.)

It's been two and a half weeks since I've been alone with North, since we shared my first kiss on the beach, since he had woken me up to passion. He had been super busy with Academy business, his skills with cars were needed for some big job, which meant that I rarely had seen him, and if I did, a handful of the others were around too. I saw it in his eyes though, as he could hardly keep them off me, that he wanted to be alone with me as badly as I wanted to be alone with him.

During our time apart, I'd been spending time with the other guys, and have now shared kisses with everyone, except for Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green, who've been pretty busy lately too. It still seems odd to me that they all seem to be okay with sharing me. I get random waves of guilt, but they pass quickly. I make sure not to give any of the guys any special attention when we're all together, though, regardless of how okay they seem with the situation.

I'm lying in my bed, all alone. I had slept at Nathan's the last three nights, with various combinations of the guys. Last night I had been with Nathan all alone, and that had been a pretty makeout session until he got a phonecall from Kota giving him an assignment. I decided that I should probably spend some time in my own bed, alone, to try to figure out all these new feelings and sensations I was having. Everything was going so fast, and I needed some time to process it all.

Well, that was my thinking, anyway, until my phone lights up with a text message.

SANG BABY, ARE YOU STILL AWAKE? It was from North.

NOPE I'M SLEEP TEXTING ;)

I HAVE THE NEXT HOUR OFF he replies.

Before I can type my message in, my phone goes off again, CAN I COME OVER?

I was supposed to be having some informative, soul-searching "me" time. Oh well. Screw that. I miss him.

ONLY IF YOU SAY PLEASE <3 I text him back, trying to be cute.

I hear a tapping at my window, and am shocked to see North's face pressing up against it. I open it quickly, and he jumps in.

"Please, please, please, please!" He's says softly, eyeing my outfit. Okay, I hadn't been expecting company, and am just wearing a pair of lacy black boy-short panties and a pink cami. You'd think it was french silk lingerie by the way his eyes darken.

I decide to give him a hard time, "What? You were waiting outside? Thought I was a sure thing, huh?"

North takes a step towards me and when I back up, he grins wolfishly, "Nah, Baby, I wanted to make sure you were alone."

I swallow, taking him in. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever, and I'm suddenly remembering how it felt to have his lips pressed against mine, his tongue seeking entrance to my mouth, his hands tangling in my hair... I lick my lips, whether in nerves or anticipation I don't know.

I try to make conversation, but the way he's looking at me is making it hard, "How's work going?"

His eyes tear away from my mouth, and he smiles, "It's work."

"Um, okay," I cross my arms awkwardly over my chest, then realize this makes my cleavage stand out in my meager camisole, and I rest my hands on my hips instead. Of course, when I look up again North is staring at my breasts.

"So..." I say, and he looks back up at my face. Oh my gosh--when did this get so awkward between us? There's this newfound tension here, feeling heavy in the air, and we're both just breathing it in.