Soon to be Husband.

I step around the castle as the day has begun

I step around the castle as the day has begun. I let out a breath as I make sure everything is settled and cleaned. I look to find Ophelia and Cedric, seated in a room. They play chess with each other as I step in. "We will have guests tonight." I speak to them and Cedric looks up. "Whom?" I tilt my head to the side. "Guests." I smile and step out.

I walk to my room where I'm greeted with a gorgeous dress. They start changing me into it along with pulling some hair back. They put my crown upon my head and slip jewelry onto my fingers as well as around my neck and wrists.

I look out the window and see the ships pulling up. I smile and make my way to the castle steps. They all walk up on horses, getting off as soon as the reach the entrance.

Rollo is stepping beside the man whom has a boyish face. He is quite attractive. I stand there and hold my hands in front of me, watching them. "Queen Isabella Ambrosio. I would like for you to meet my Cousin. Prince Jean Jacque Concillion." He bows slightly and smiles. "At your services your majesty."

Gisla looks to him and hits his arm slightly due to the fact of the way he said 'services.' I let out a laugh and place my fingers over my lips. He laughs as well and I tilt my head to the side. "Come inside. We shall feast." His father and mother look upon me and I smile sweetly to them. I turn around and start stepping to the vast dining room. I step up to the table, along with Jean.

He runs his fingers through his curls and pushes it back. "You look very beautiful." He speaks in the Frankish language and it just rolls of his tongue like honey.

I let out a breath and start speaking in his language. "You are very handsome." I say and sip from my cup. "How come I've never met you?" I ask him and move my hair to behind my shoulder. He tilts his head to the side and rests his cheek onto his hand, propped up.

"You've not noticed me? I have seen you before. At my cousins parties. I just admired from afar. But I was younger then.." he sips from his own cup and smiles. I furrow my brows and hum softly. "And how old are you now?" He looks to me and takes my hand. "I am nineteen." I nearly spit my drink from my mouth into my cup as I hear it. Five years younger than me. "So when I was eighteen. You were fourteen? Wow.." I say and lean back in my chair. He's innocent. He's probably never been with a woman before..

He leans back as well and laughs softly. "Don't look so surprised.." I let out a breath with a laugh. "So you've never been with a woman?.." I look to him and he looks over my hand at the rings. "Only girls. But not in the way you think. Only kisses." I clear my throat. "Your parents must not be okay with this.." I speak and he pushes his hair behind his ear. "Absolutely not. But I will be king. That's what they care for."

I take my hand from him and take my cup, drinking from it. "I did not mean it that way.. That is what they want my Queen." He says. "Not what I want. Marriage should be love." He looks to me and clenches his own jaw.

I look to the people feasting and then to Cedric who has his brow risen, watching us closely. He follows to where I am looking and takes my hand, kissing it softly. "He must be jealous." Jean speaks softly and looks to me. "He betrayed me." I speak and look to Jean. "You won't betray me? Will you?" I raise a brow to him and smile. "How could I?" He licks his lips and looks foreword to show his defined jaw. "I would be stupid to."

After chatting and eating, he steps me to my room and smiles. "Thank you for inviting me tonight. I've enjoyed your company." I smile to him and take a ring from my finger, fitting it onto his finger. "I've enjoyed yours." I say sweetly and he looks at the ring. "I'll treasure it. I shall see you tomorrow your highness." He takes my hand and presses a soft kiss to it. It takes all of me to not grab him and just burn his innocence away.

I smile and step back into the room. I take a breath as I lean against the door. I let out a soft laugh and push off of the door, pulling the clothes from my body. I let my hair flow freely and pull my clothing to my body. I crawl into bed and hug my blankets to my body. It's weird being treated like this. Especially by this young of a boy. Like I'm a secret when it's clear we aren't. I lay onto my side and look to the window and at the moon.

Then memories of the Vikings flood my mind. I wish they hadn't. I wish he hadn't.