"Aye guh!" He snatched the sucker out of my mouth and put it in his.

"Hey nigga!" I said while pushing the sun glasses up off my face.

He ignored me and pulled off laughing.

"So what's the plans?" I asked as August handed me the sucker.

"Nothin. We just gone chill today if that's cool with you." "Well it's your birthday. Chillin is cool with me. And where's Brittnie?" I asked in curiosity.

"Maaaan...She trippin. I tried puttin up with it but bruh. She pissed me off so I left her ass." I said rubbing his face.

"Dang. On your birthday?" I said shocked and lowkey, happy.
~Later That Night~

August's POV

Me and Rockie been hangin' all day and I've really enjoyed her company. I think I'm gonna make a move on her. I know she's my best friend and I have a girlfriend, but the way I feel about her I just can't hide it anymore.

"Aye Roc" I think I'm ready.

"Yeah?" She looked at me giving me her full and undivided attention.

"I uh...I gotta tell you somethin' I been wantin' to get off my chest for a while now."

She looked at me knowing that I was serious. She then turned off the tv.

"What's up Aug? Is everything okay?" "Ummm..." I rubbed my neck trying to figure out what words I was trying to say.

"I...uh...I" I stuttered out.

"Just spit it out. It can't be that bad" I somehow gained all of this confidence courage all at once

"I love you Rockelle"

"Wha...I...hu...huh???" She looked at me in shock and confusion.

"I...I said. I...I love you Rockie" I said to clarify what she heard.

"I...I um"

I was prating to God that my feelings weren't about to crushed in my damn face right now.

"Please say something Roc"

"I...um...I love you too Aug" she said looking deep into my eyes. I truly believe she meant it as I much as I did.

Just then, something took over me. I could feel myself leaning towards her.

I finally got close enough and my lips were centimeters away from hers. Her cool minty breath caressed my lips as I could feel her anxiously awaiting for my next move.

And then it happened.

Our lips gently met.

Her soft sweet lips on mine.

All I could do at this point was stay locked into the hypnotic kiss that had a nigga in a daze.

She pulled away and we began to look each other deep in the eyes as if knowing what we both wanted at this mesmerizing moment.

I began to kiss her again. This time with more love and passion. All my emotions over time were coming out through this kiss.

All of the love, the lust, the passion and the care that I felt towards her were being exuberated.

I wanted all of her.

More than my best friend.

More than my partner in crime.

I need my other half, the love of my life.

I need her to be...mine.

As we continued to kiss, I lightly brushed my tongue against her sweet plump lips asking for entrance.