Part 16

You woke up early the next morning, taking a long shower in the female officer locker room like you always did.

There weren't many female cops in the GCPD anyway, and the ones that were there only used the location room to put a change of clothes for when they got off work.

So you almost always had the room to yourself.

You finished with drying your hair with a blow drier and putting into one of your favorite styles.

Walking back to your room, now fully dressed and ready to take on the day you spotted a familiar face walking through the lab doors.

"Good morning Eddie." You spoke while refilling your birds food and water dishes.

"Good morning to you as well y/n." He spoke with a wide smile.

You walked over to your desk in the main lab and picked up a now completely finished file of the man who was killed my the red hood gang.

You handed it to Ed with a smirk as you leaned against one of the counters that lined the walls.

"It's definitely not the original red hood gang." You started as he skimmed through the pages. "The original red hoods were bank robbers, and only the leader wore the red hood. Not all of them." You grabbed a pot of coffee, filling a decently clean mug with the warm liquid. "That's what made the actual hood special. Whoever wore it was supposed to be untouchable." You chuckled taking a sip. "Until they weren't."

Ed looked up from the file with a devilish smirk. He set it down on the counter next to you, taking your mug and setting it on top.

He leaned against the counter top with both hands, trapping your small form where you were.

"Gotta say y/n, I'm rather impressed with your work." He started to lean in.

"Just doin my job Eddie." You teased.

Right when your lips were about to touch someone burst through the lab doors.

"Ed what the Hell are you doing?" You both looked to see Oswald had come into the room.

"I Umm, well." He gestured to you, releasing you from your temporary prison of his arms.

"You have work to do." He snapped at Ed. "And I'd like to have a word with Miss. l/n if you don't mind." He sounded incredibly pissed off, which was confusing, you had no idea what you did wrong.

Ed quickly grabbed the file and went to leave, but not without planting a solid kiss on your lips making you blush deeply before he left.

Oswald glared at you. If looks could kill, you would be in the ground at this very moment.

"Miss. L/n." He snapped

"Please, call me y/n." You said in a hopefully calming tone.

"Y/n, fine whatever." He snapped walking further into the room. "I'd like to get your professional opinion on a crime scene."

"Oh umm. Do you have a photo?" You asked, slightly confused.

"As a matter of fact, I don't. I received a call only a few minutes ago, and seeing as how your a." He paused before spitting out. "Friend, if Ed, I was hoping you could help me. Without Jim knowing."

You looked at him. You couldn't tell what he was planning, but you knew it was something.

"Alright." You nodded slowly. "I'll help in any way I can." You said.

'If something happens I've still got every damn bird in the city looking out for me.' You thought.

"Give me one moment, to grab my coat." He nodded and let you pass. You were hoping Ed or Jim, or at least Harvey was in the hallway. But they weren't, the downstairs area of the GCPD was empty.