Ch.36 - Camp Begins & Dark Memories

After the last few days, it was finally time to head out to camp at last.

It was certainly a change from the last few days, as Ryou, Grandmother Soutou and Sunny dealt with Ryou's father's funeral. 

________________________________________________________________

"How does it look?"

Grandmother Soutou looked at a shining black tombstone, which read:

"Maximus Soutou
Loving Father, Husband, and Friend To All
1980-2018"

Ryou wiped his eyes, nodding. "It looks perfect.  I hope dad thinks it's good enough."

Sunny reached out and took Ryou's hand. "I'm sure he appreciates it very much."

Ryou knelt down in front of his grave, and bowed his head.

"Dad...I'm so sorry.  I wish things could have turned out differently...I wish you were still here...to see Grandma...to see Sunny...and I just wish I could see you again."

Grandma Soutou knelt down by Ryou and put her arm around him.

"I won't let you down.  You put your faith in me by giving me hope that'd I'd be the hero you knew I could be..."

Ryou clutched the Mighty Creator VRX Ridewatch in his hand.

"... I'll make you proud."

________________________________________________________________

Ryou walked up to his school, only to find Mei standing in front of the gate, with a smile on her face.  Behind her, was a large object covered by a white blanket.

"Um...good morning?"

"I have something for you!" Mei beamed. "I know this'll cheer you up."

And so, she pulled the blanket off, revealing a fancy new motorcycle.  The face of Zi-O was just about the steering.  Along the side, was the logo for Zi-O.

  Along the side, was the logo for Zi-O

Mei's eyes gleamed, looking at Ryou. "Well?  What do you think?!"

Ryou was left speechless for a few moments, then finally opened his mouth.

"I GOT A MOTORCYCLE!!!" Ryou yelled happily.  He instantly ran over, and started sizing up the bike in front of him.

"I knew you'd like it...heh!  I did a little bit of reading, and you can't be a proper Kamen Rider without a motorcycle.  Honestly, what would you do without me?"

Ryou sat on the bike, flicking the handles happily, like a kid on Christmas. "Thank you, so much!  You're amazing!"

Mei motioned for Ryou to get off the bike, and clicked a button on the steering handle.  Almost instantly, the bike compressed and shrunk into a Ridewatch.