14

The sound of the alarm woke Steven and me up.

I stretched and rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning Steven" I yawned.

"Morning Y/n" He greeted back.

We both made our wake to the kitchen sink to clean yourselves for the day ahead.

"Hey, Y/n, you think Peridot will get over Lapis soon?" Steven asked as he began to wash his hair.

I sighed.

"I don't know, I mean she did lose her friend and house but hopefully she will, I'm starting to get... annoyed by not being able to have a proper bath" I told him honestly

"Yeah same here"

Amethyst came out of her room and was greeted by Stella and Pumpkin barking happily at her.

"Yo Steven, Y/n! This a bad time?" She asked.

"Of the three things I have to do in the sink now, this is the one I least mind you seeing" Steven stated as his dried his hair.

"Ugh, Peridot is still depressing all in your B-room?" Amethyst asked

"Yes. Yes, she is" I told her.

"She still hasn't gotten over the whole 'Lapis leaving and taking the barn with her into space'" I yawned a bit at the end.

"I think she may need a little more time for herself" Steven recommended.

I sighed.

'Why is he so kind?' I thought with a smile

"Nope, that's it, we're getting her out" She then goes to the bath, Steven and I followed her.

We walked in to find Peridot half in the bathtub listening to depressing country music.

I wasn't use to seeing this type of emotions is I wasn't too sure how to deal with this.

"Um, Peridot? Are you feeling any better?" I asked.

She let out a depressing groan.

Amethyst walks inside and takes off the music.

"So, what have you been up to?" Steven asked, trying to make a conversation.

Peridot mumbled something that we could hear.

Steven and I looked at each other unsure on what to do. 

"I ugh couldn't really hear you there." Steven told her.

'She is acting the same way Steven was when he lost Connie, I hope that I don't get heartbroken like them'  I thought

Amethyst flips her over to face us. 

'My Stars, what is that face? Its so

'My Stars, what is that face? Its so...depressing' 

"Nothing." Peridot said clearly. 

"You've been in this bathroom kinda a long time now" Steven started.