Just a cold

‘God this sucks, I don’t even remember how I got this cold.’ You thought as you remembered that you went to go see Niall on a cold night without a sweater. As you reached for another tissue there was a ring at the door bell.

"I’m not in the mood for company; please go away." The door rang again. It took all your strength to go down the stairs to the front of your flat.

"Please go aw-" you didn’t finish your sentence because there at your doorstep was Niall, your lifelong crush and best friend, with that cheeky grin of his.

Niall rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, “I heard you were sick, so I help you get well” he said as he was holding up many grocery bags.

"You didn’t have to do that me for Niall, I’m fine." You tried to say convincingly but didn’t because of the coughs between your words.

"no you’re not. Don’t you worry (y/n), were on break from touring, besides if you’re sick who’s going to take care of me and the lads?" He said as he just walked inside.

"But aren’t you afraid you might get sick too?"

"No, I’ll be fine"

"But how can you be so sure? You could get sick and I would not want that"

“don’t worry besides colds don’t last long for me” he said as he walked to the kitchen and started taking things out of the bags as you walked into the kitchen you see Niall making soup and giggled.

"Chicken soup?"

"Yeah, its chicken, it’s supposed to help."

"Thanks Niall” you said as a smile crossed your face though you two have been friends since ever you never told him that you practically loved him even if the rest of the lads could tell from the moment they saw you two and keep teasing you for it.

"It’s ready! Eat up!" as he held a spoonful to your mouth and decided to spoon feed you.

"Thanks again” you said as you started to eat; after you were done he washed the dishes.

"Now, (y/n), get some rest and drink plenty of fluids!"

"Where’d you learn that?"

"Liam told me"

On the way up the stairs you lost your balance but felt strong arms wrapping around your waist. As you looked up you saw Niall’s face with a worried look on it. He helped you get back on your feet but still kept his hold on you and felt his head rest on top of yours.

"You o.k. (y/n)?" he whispered into your ear. You felt you heart was throbbing so hard that you worried if he can hear or even feel it.

"Umm, yea, thanks, I really should get some rest then.” You silently whispered as you tried to free yourself but you couldn’t loosen his grip.

"No I don’t trust you so I’ll take you” as he carried you up the stairs. Once in your room he set you down and tucked you in and sat down at the edge while looking at the pictures on the wall.

"We’ve friends for a long time haven’t we?" he said in a monotone.

"Yeah we have" looking at the pictures as well.

While looking on the wall you remembered the days like his audition on X-Factor, to the days were you were kids playing in parks.

"Oh, I’m sorry (y/n) I forgot that you have to go back to sleep"

"Are you just going to watch me sleep?"

"No, I just want to make sure you get to sleep"

"Um, it’s kind of had for me to sleep with you watching me like that?"

"OH! Right, sorry, I’ll be in the living room, if you need anything at just shout." He said as he left the room as you fell asleep but woke up when you felt a something warm on your cheek. As you opened your eyes you saw none other than Niall “umm I was checking your temperature but let me go get a thermometer instead”

‘What was he doing here with his hand on my cheek?! ‘You thought.

"What’s it say?"

"Ninety nine, yeah that’s a fever alright. Now you stay in bed till you get better, you hear me? Don’t let me catch you sneaking around." He said as he wagged his finger making you giggle.

"Yes sir!" giving him a salute.

"And don’t you forget it" then he left.

‘Maybe he likes me too…like that’s going to happen! I can’t tell him how I feel about him. He could avoid me and never talk to me again, there’s no way that I could let that happen.’ You thought before going back to sleep.

As you woke up again you went to go get water since you thought Niall left but there he was on the couch watching TV eating popcorn.

"You shouldn’t be outta bed, (y/n)"

"You’re still here?"

"Of course, you’re still sick?"

"Do you plan on staying till I get better?"

"Yea, now go on, back to bed" he said as he shooed you back into your room ‘I think should I tell him or not I mean if I don’t tell him know I’ll never get another opportunity like this’

"Niall?" ‘It’s now or never’ you thought.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Thanks for always taking good care of me" you said as he smiled big at you

‘What was I thinking I can’t tell him, his Niall Horan of One Direction he wouldn’t like me.’

"No problem." you blushed as you headed to your room you looked at him and saw his grin.‘How was I ever going to say that…that…’

"I LOVE YOU!" ‘Crap. That was not planned on!’you felt your face redden.

"(Y/N)… You love me?" you nodded, looking away from him.

“Yea, I just, didn’t want you to stop being my friend, you’re my best and I guessed you wouldn’t like me” you said as you bit your lip looking down. You heard footsteps coming towards you and felt his hand caress your face making you look into his beautiful cerulean eyes.

"So you think I wouldn’t like you. But you’re gorgeous, smart, kind, strong, and you know more about me than anyone else. I would do anything for you and (Y/N)… I love you too." but before you could say anything, Niall’s hands brought your face closer to his.

"I have a cold." you barely said as before he’d, kiss you feeling his soft nose rub against yours. 

“I don’t care, it’s just a cold” just then he crashed his warm lips onto yours. Just then you realized that this was your first kiss, and to top it off it was with Niall. You wrapped your arms around his neck while his hands wrapped around your waist. Finally ending your kiss, you both looked into each other’s eyes “I love you” you both said at the same time.

A week later…

You finally felt better all thanks to the help of Niall and you were heading to his place. As he opened you saw a sight of Niall with a lightly pink nose, eyes weary, and he didn’t look so good.

“Niall, are you sick?”

“Yea” hearing his raspy voice made you chuckle.

"I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to give you my cold! But I did warn you!" you said as he led you into his flat.

"Me too" you said as Niall crushed his lips against yours

"At this rate, it’s going to take forever for the both of us to be healthy?" Niall said with a huge grin that stretched across his face once he broke the kiss and laughed.

“Yea but who cares, I have you to take of me now” kissing you once more.