Chapter 29: Fire Reptile

A little blue reptile made its way to the campfire, rushing up to the top of Elsa's palm excitedly. Elsa giggled, looking at him with a cutened expression. Bruni grinned and twirled around on her palm, eagerly making his favorite person smile. Elsa sprinkled him with his favorite snowflakes, which he gratefully accepted.

"Who's this little guy?" Aiden asked, leaning closer to see the little spirit of fire. Bruni looked up at him with astonishment, his round eyes gazing at him adorably.

"This, is my most favorite spirit, in the Enchanted Forest. Little Bruni." Elsa chuckled, as Bruni nuzzled her thumb,  "He's just too cute."

"I could tell, well, hello there Bruni. Can I touch you?" Aiden questioned gently.

Elsa nodded, placing the reptile in her fiancé's palm, who gladly petted the reptile. Bruni gave out a little squeak, or was it a purr? Eh, reptile's noises are complicated. Elsa leaned her head against Aiden's shoulder, gazing at her fiancé's emerald green eyes that gleamed because of the campfire.

"You adorable little sneak," Aiden teased, "Do you grow up? I hope you don't. I like you the way you are right now."

The young reptile shook his head, which caused Aiden to chuckle and grin, "Well, wonderful. I should visit you here often. I think I now know the reason why snowflake here likes you. You're a charming little reptile."

Yelana then glanced out at the sky, which is now veiled with stars and the moon shining brightly with the faint trace of misty clouds.

"It's dangerous for you all to return to your kingdom with a time like this. You may stay here if you like, we have lots of spare tents to share." She offered kindly.

Anna smiled up at Elsa excitedly, "We'd love to! Thank you Yelana."

Elsa shrugged and gave out a relaxed sigh as she leaned onto Aiden closer, his warmth very comfortable to be felt. Bruni had somehow fleed up to somewhere, maybe because he has his own timing to sleep? Well, caging a fire powered reptile would be a bad idea.

"Come on, fellas, I'll lead you up to your tents for the night!" Ryder called out. Soon, the Northuldra's guests were in tow, Honeymaren and Elsa chattering about Northuldra's baby reindeers as they walked. 

Cyra perched on top of her master's shoulder, silently listening to the two girls' topic. Her round amber eyes widened as she heard something else come out of Elsa's mouth other than 'cute little newborn reindeers' when it was replaced by her master's name instead.

"So, what is he like? He seems to be so attached to you." Honeymaren questioned.

Elsa giggled, glancing up at Aiden, "He's obsessed with me, all of you can tell. He's calm about things, cuddly, protective, mostly good looking, but I love his character more than his looks. He's a lovable goofball, too."

"How did you guys met?"

"Well, we met on an event that was being held in Arendelle. Every European kingdom has to attend, and of course, the Northern Isles is part of Europe. We also made first contact in a very... Awkward way."

Honeymaren chuckled, "How so?"

"He tripped over my cape and fell down on top of me."

"Oh good gods, really?! That's adorable.. And awkward for the both of you at the same time. Then?"

"He was so cute when he kept apologizing, I kept telling him it's alright, asked him his name and went wherever I was going."

"Love at first tackle." Honeymaren laughed, "Oh look, we're here."

Anna and Kristoff took the first tent Ryder showed them, a tent complete with pillows and other things for good comfort. Ryder then motioned for Elsa and Aiden to take the next one, who gladly accepted and went inside the cozy shade.

"Perfect." Aiden smiled, sitting down, "This tent is a perfect place to cuddle."

Elsa giggled, "You're right. Come on."

Aiden happily lay down on a body pillow, pulled Elsa to his embrace, and closed his eyes. Deep in his mind, he knew there were no more nightmares going to disturb their slumber. Elsa smiled on top of him, listening to his heartbeat comfortably.
____________________________________
The next day, the five of them had departed and have said their farewells to the Northuldra. They had left four in the dawn, Kristoff's eyes drooping slightly as he sat on the coach's seat, feeding Sven a carrot to maintain his energy.

Beside him sat Anna, who looked like she could bounce off a wall. She slept quite early last night, once she stepped foot inside their tent she quickly curled up and began to regain her strength. Or was it because she packed way too much chocolate?

She glanced at the sleeping couple behind them, their hands intertwined as they snored lightly. Cyra curled up beside her master, yawning and purring silently. Aiden's other arm secured his beloved's waist, not a care in the world.

"They're inseparable." She whispered.

Kristoff smiled, wrapping an arm around his wife, "I know. And they'll forever be."

"I mean... Elsa used to be so lonely. It feels refreshing to see her currently engaged to someone she loves so much. Aiden must've took this special place in her heart, so skillfully. Many suitors had asked for Elsa's hand, but Elsa always declined."

"Because she saw nothing special in those good for nothing pompous jerks. Unlike Aiden here." Kristoff motioned to the sleeping fire prince, "Quite one of a kind if you ask me."

"Yeah. I wonder what their babies would look like..."

"Anna, they just got engaged. I don't think a baby is near to their future."

"But that would be so cute! What if it looks completely like Elsa? Or maybe, it has Elsa's hair but Aiden's dreamy emerald green eyes? It will have no doubt their shared pale skin. I know Elsa would make a great mother."

"You're escalating way too fast. Let them get married and decide. Besides, I have to ask you, do you want a child?"

"Hm. Never really thought about it, but I wouldn't mind one myself. I would really like it if it has your hair."

"Oh gods above, I don't want our child to have my hideous nose."

"Aw, it's not that bad honey."