When He Wakes You Up

Photo : From the BNHA Tap Smash Game

...

Midoriya's POV

I walked back and forth in front of (Y/N)'s house and for some reason, she's not answering her phone and not answering the door.

Today was suppose to be working on our pair project together at her place since my mom is going to clean up our apartment and I'm just hoping my girlfriend is not going down a fever or worse.

I shook my head to remove those negative possibilities and tried to calm myself down.

"It's okay, Izuku. Calm down...", I mumbled to myself as I stand in front of the entrance, "I'm sure she is safe and sound in there or maybe she went shopping?".

No, shopping may not be a possibility since I helped her shop for groceries the other day.

I gulped and was thinking that maybe I should knock the door one more time.

"Izuku-kun?"

I gasped and I turned to see (Y/N)'s mother in her work clothes with a smile on her face.

"A-Ah, good day, Ms. (L/N)!", Midoriya said and bowed respectfully.

"What are you doing here in front of our house? I thought you and my sweet (Y/N) would be working on your pair project by now?", (Y/N)'s mother said and placed a finger on her chin.

I laughed awkwardly and replied, "She's not answering the door and my calls, haha".

"H-Huh?! Goodness, I think she took a deep afternoon nap again", (Y/N)'s mother said and sighed, "My apologies, Izuku-kun. Maybe she didn't get enough sleep last night".

"I-It's totally understandable!", I said and smiled at her, "I get the feeling she worked on some parts of our project ahead of time to be sure or something, haha".

Her mother just laughed and said, "Well, now that I think about it, that's something (Y/N) would do. After all, determination is always by her side, no? Haha".

*PHONE RINGS*

"Oh, sorry. One moment, Izuku-kun", (Y/N)'s mother said and answered the phone, "Hello?".

She continued to talk on the phone and suddenly her eyes widened and quickly unlocked the door for me.

"Izuku-kun, I have an emergency meeting so please do come in", (Y/N)'s mother said and smiled at me, "Please make yourself at home, see you!".

With that, her mother left in a hurry while talking to the person from her phone which I might presume to be her boss.

...

Once I entered (Y/N)'s house, it was a bit quiet and I'm pretty sure her father is at hero duty again like always.

'I wonder where she could be-A-Ah!'

I stopped at my tracks when I saw (Y/N) sleeping on the couch at the living room and I can see our project on the floor that still looks unfinished but there was already progress.

'So I was right. She did work on it ahead of time', Midoriya said and smiled with relief, 'Thank goodness...'.

I closed the door before walking towards her sleeping form and knelled down facing her.

"(Y/N)-chan~?", I carefully called out to her, "It's me, Izuku. I'm here!".

She didn't respond and continued to sleep soundly.

I smiled just looking at her cute sleeping face and I feel like I want to look at it forever-Oh, wait, that sounds kinda...

I can feel my cheeks getting red and shook away those feelings then suddenly she started to shift her body a bit and her expression still remained peaceful.

"C-Cute...!", I commented and I think my ears are glowing too, "I feel like I don't want to wake her up but...".

Then again, we still have that project to do so I guess in that case, I need to wake her up but in a gentle way.

I started to poke her soft cheeks softly hoping that I'll get a reaction from her but sadly, none came.

I tried to brush her hair gently with my fingertips but I stopped when I remembered that it will only make her fall sleep or something.

I even attempted to hold her hand and give it a few gentle squeezes and also added some kisses on the palms too.

Although, it didn't worked too.

'Hmm, nothing...', I thought and sighed then suddenly an idea popped in my head.

I looked at her cute face once more and caressed one of her cheeks softly with my thumb.

I leaned closer bit by bit and started to shower kisses starting from the forehead, her cheeks, the bridge of her nose and finally...

I can feel my cheeks getting warmer than earlier but I was able to build up a bit of courage just so I can brush my lips against her soft ones.

"I love you...", I whispered in a soft and affectionate tone before kissing her lips over and over, "...my sweet angel".

But suddenly, I heard a quiet sound that made me stop what I was doing.

Your POV

"...mmm...Izuku?"

I slowly opened my eyes since I kept feeling that soft touch on my lips.

The first thing I'm seeing once I was risen from my slumber was none other than my freckled boyfriend, except his in a flustered state and his cheeks are really red.

"(Y-Y-Y/N)-chan!", Midoriya greeted me and giggled shyly before smiling at me, "Finally! I-I'm sorry if I wake you up but I am here! Haha!".

I rubbed my eyes before gave him a quick kiss on the lips, making him more flustered and sat right up and stretched my arms in the air.

"Oh, it's okay-Wait a second..."

My eyes widened when I was late to realize that Midoriya is already inside my house, crouching down trying to wake me up and that's when it hit me...

"Y-YIKES, I'm so sorry, Izuku!!", I said and hugged him tight, "I didn't know I'll take a nap this long and-OH MY GOSH!".

While hugging my precious boyfriend in my arms, I checked my phone and saw a lot of miss calls from him and I'm starting to feel a little bit bad now.

"O-Okay, now I'm super sorry", I said and sighed, "I'm pretty sure my mom let you in but I let you wait outside for-"

"(Y/N)-chan, its okay!", Midoriya reassured me and hugged me back while soothing my back, "It's not your fault. Besides, I only waited for...fifteen minutes if I remembered, haha".

I buried my face into his chest and replied, "I-I see but-"

I stopped talking when confidently kissed my lips while hugging me close.

"When I say it's okay, I really mean it, (Y/N)-chan~", Midoriya reassured me once more and giggled, "I'm just happy nothing bad happen even though you didn't answer and that's what matters, hehe. Come on, let's work on our project together!".