19 - Burn Baby Burn

**Van**

"Oh god Duchess," I groaned against the softest pair of lips I'd ever kissed.

I wanted to go back and junk punch the guy I was back when I'd turned down the opportunity to hook up with Kim. Because kissing her was like a fucking revelation. All those reasons I'd had for not making a move on her?

Boom.

Gone.

Forgotten.

My plan had been to lay a light, fit for public consumption kiss on her when I'd come off stage and seen that girl getting in her face but somewhere between handing my guitar off to a roadie and making good on my plan the idea of kissing her short circuited my brain. At least that's what I told myself as I drove my fingers in among the strands of her hair twisted into the insanely sexy braid she'd styled her hair in. I tilted her head so I could kiss her deeper and I swear I was like a teenager about to jizz in his pants when she moaned softly and swept her tongue into my mouth. As I slid my hand from her waist down over her hip to her ass it was my turn to moan when she gripped the hair on the back of my head.

But wait...

If her hands were clutching at my shoulders how did she get one in my hair? I was pretty damn sure she wasn't some kind of undercover alien with an extra limb. Suddenly the hand holding my hair yanked back and in an example of the cruel brutality of life my mouth was torn from Kim's. Sure that statement might have been a tad melodramatic but goddam that was one of the best, if not the best, kisses of my life.

"Simmer down loverboy, we've still got an encore to play." Josh grinned evilly at me as I blinked in startled confusion. I managed to shake his hand free of my hair so I could turn my attention to Kim who was blinking up at me in damp lipped, hazy eyed confusion.

Shit. I had to go back on stage.

I loved the adrenalin rush of being on stage but right at that moment being onstage felt like my worst nightmare. After the Ten led boy band debacle one of Lucy's main priorities, other than changing the band's name, was to ensure that our individual personalities were given an opportunity to shine. Not in a K-Pop 'you're going to be the brooding heartbreaker' or 'you'll be the cute one to take home to mom' kind of way. She wanted us to just be us. Considering that at that time we were not yet at a level where we had a wardrobe budget she'd decided that the best way for us to do this was for us to wear our own clothes. She'd done a shuffle through our closets and found the items that would best work on stage. Our first album had sold so well that this tour had been able to afford not only a wardrobe budget but also a wardrobe mistress. Even so my preference was still to wear my own clothes.

Right now my own clothes consisted of an ancient Pantera t-shirt and a pair of once black jeans covered in holes and shreds that had nothing to do with fashion. It was those jeans that had me extremely nervous about setting foot back on stage. My kiss with Kim had me so hard that my dick was in danger of bursting free of the soft and worn denim and creating the kind of viral moment that would have our faces, and other parts, on the cover of all the tabloids in the worst possible way.

"Give me a minute?" I rasped out.

Josh chuckled and turned his attention to the groupie I'd completely forgotten about and who I'd ignored as she watched and filmed us on her phone like we were the greatest show on earth. "Hey sweetheart. You enjoy the show?" He extracted the phone from her hand and with a couple of sweeps of his thumb he'd deleted all of the photos and the film that she'd just taken. I'd have to thank him for that later. He led her away from Kim and me and to her ecstatic delight he handed her the sweat damp t-shirt he stripped off in order to put on a fresh one.