4: Blossom Affair

Chapter 4: Blossom Affair

June, 15, 2019

A Knick in Toni's heart as the clock struck  ten o' clock tore in half. She tried sleeping on her side but only ended up curling up in Cheryl's side of the bedside. She kept expected Cheryl to snap at her for sleeping on her side. But nothing came not even a shriek. She tossed and turned for about an hour until she gave up. She checked the time and groaned.

It was only 11:23 P.M, still no sign of sleep in Antoinette's body. She had work in the morning at 11 A.M. You would be surprised how many people like to drink Alcoholic beverages in the morning.

Eventually, Toni tunes out her thoughts and falls into a slumber. About Four o'clock her alarms blares awaking Toni from her sleepy mind. She threw her legs over the edge of their queen sized bed, rubbing at the sandman in the corners of her eyes and sighed loudly to herself as she thought about her long day she had to deal with.

She makes herself a pot of coffee, fighting the tears from leaving her eyes as Cheryl's favorite mug caught her sight. Day five seemed a lot harder than the other days. She arrived early at the Wyrm, that Veronica bought back from Hiram after her father got out of prison.

October, 4th, 2018

Veronica came up to her with a smile written into her face. Toni tried to scoop out what she written but wasn't sure what it was. Veronica handed her a Manila folder with Bolded letters.

Whyte Wyrm.

Owner: Veronica Lodge.

Co-Owner: Antoinette Blossom.

She scanned the document with her eyes, trying to make sense of what she keeps re-reading. She looked up to the Latina with a-gaped mouth.

"Veronica, are you serious?" She couldn't keep the shock out of her voice.

Veronica nodded," Yes, I'm dead on my pearl necklace serious. There's no one who knows this place better than you. No more more qualified with the credentials to help run a bar. I'm always in New York and Miami running with Archie to do gigs. His musical path has really taken off...especially after him having to take a break from music. So, I don't have enough time in-between running Pop's, La Bonne Nuit and now the Wyrm." She explained passionately.

Toni's mind was blown away." So, what do you say, Antoinette? Is that a yes I hear?" This was an opportunity of the life time. She couldn't pass it up.

She nodded her head." Yes, I'll take it!" Veronica smiled before hugging her.

"Well, Topaz, it's gonna be a pleasure to do business with you." She was about to turn away when Veronica said another thing," Don't forget to renew your liquor license. I don't need the feds on my ass. After my dad went to prison for... well you know..."

He went to prison for intentional attempted murder against Forsythe Pendleton Jones 3rd. FP had gotten Mary to be his lawyer and Hiram, Penny and Malachi were all sent to behind bars.

"Already working on it, Partner." Toni replied with a smirk.

That night she told her wife the news and they celebrated with hot sex.

June, 16th, 2019

11:23 A.M

After she walked in at 5 A.M, Toni went into the liquor cellar to replace the empty bottles of Whiskey, Rum, Tequila, Gin and other alcoholic beverages. She cleaned the bar and stools after last night staff failed to clean up a bar fight.

"Topaz, James Runch is requesting table seven." Her assistant manager told her as she handed her the check-in list.

She clicked her tongue." Alright, thanks, Kelly. Go check if we have enough Snakebite in the liquor cellar."

"On it, Boss." Kelly said before walking away.

It only been a few minutes since Kelly went to the basement to do inventory like Toni had told her to do so. She came back with a shake to her head." Nope, all out."

Toni bit back a sigh. This was the last thing she needed. "Go order some!" She barked. She already had Cheryl's abduction make her on edge.

"Yes, Ma'am."