Chapter 14

A/N: Just to reassure some people, this is 100% SwanQueen and I promise we will get there. But Regina has just got out of an abusive 12 year marriage and I don't think it would be realistic to throw her into bed with Emma. Sadly. However, you know me and I promise you won't have to wait much longer thanks to time jumps! Of which there is one in this chapter!

When Regina woke up, she was greeted once again by the familiar ceiling of Emma Swan's guest bedroom. She rolled over and buried her head into the soft pillow, yawning as she did so. She was exhausted. They had been at the police station until well after midnight, filing the incident report, completing interviews and filling in endless paperwork for the break-in. Emma had insisted on Regina staying at her house and she didn't have the energy to argue.

A familiar laugh from outside made her frown. Sitting up in the bed, she shuffled across the mattress and pulled back the curtains. Her window looked out into the street and as she watched, Emma leaned on the bonnet of Detective Nottingham's car alongside the man himself, both of them sipping cups of coffee. So the policeman really had kept his word and remained outside as a guard all night. Something unfamiliar twinged inside Regina as she watched. She didn't know what it was. Flopping back onto the bed, she groaned softly. She didn't want this. She didn't want any of this. All the hassle she was causing so many people. Perhaps it would have been easier if she had just stayed with Robin after all ...

A knock on the door pulled her from those dangerous thoughts.

"Come in."

"Hey," Henry greeted. "I thought you might want some coffee."

"Thanks, dear," Regina smiled. "I'm so sorry about all of this. I bet you thought five days with your history teacher was more than enough torture for one half term break without me moving back in on you unannounced."

Henry shook his head. "None of this is your fault. Me and mum just want you safe and if the safest place is with us, then I'm fine with you staying."

"You're very sweet, Henry. Thank you."

"No problem. I'm off to do my homework now so just give me a shout if you need anything," the boy smiled before he closed the door behind him.

Just as Regina was draining her coffee mug fifteen minutes later, Emma knocked and entered her room.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?"

"Not great," Regina admitted. "You?"

"Same," Emma said, sitting down on the bed and patting the lump under the duvet that was Regina's leg. "But Keith said he didn't see anything at all."

"Is he really going to be our personal guard dog forever?" Regina asked, a slight snap to her tone.

Emma frowned. "He wants us to be safe," she replied. "And until we catch Robin, yes, we will have an officer outside the house."

"Still no sign of him?"

"No," Emma said, shaking her head. "The house on Mifflin Street is all locked up and his passport has been flagged at all airports, train stations and ferry ports. He can't leave the country so they'll catch him eventually. The CCTV from the B and B has him and his crew plain as day climbing into your room and then out of it with all your things. There's no way they'll get off when it eventually goes to trial."