The man suddenly stopped talking. Ruhya heard his footsteps quickly go away from her as another pair of footsteps came close behind her. Her heart rate sped up, even without turning around she could sense that the man had run away in fear of the one behind her.

Who was behind her? Was it the man she had been warned about? Slowly Ruhya turned around.

"What was that all about?"

Ruhya let out a sigh of relief, it was just Peli. She rushed forward and wrapped her arms around him, almost knocking over the two plates of food he was holding. Her legs slightly shook as she held on tightly to Peli.

"What happened? Are you okay? I told you not to talk to anyone." 

"I know, I'm sorry. I should have listened to you."

"It's okay, but next time do as I say." Peli sighed out as he leaned down and gently rested his chin on Ruhya's head. She hummed in compliance.

"Here, I got you some breakfast. It's ship food, so I don't think it'll be very good, but I managed to sneak away some fruit." Peli said as he pulled away from Ruhya and handed her a plate. 

"Thanks."

"Anything for you, my Ruhya."

***

Judar sat on the floor in what used to be Ruhya's room. Her note rested in his lap, water spots covered the paper. 

He was all out of tears.

He didn't feel sad anymore, or angry. He didn't feel anything. He was just numb.

His eyes felt swollen and his nose irritated. Judar didn't know how long he had been sitting there. Minutes? Hours? It didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore.

Get up. Stop being so pathetic! You're such a goddamn loser.

Judar didn't even try to block out the toxic voice in his head as it hissed at him. Why should he? It was right. He was pathetic.

He was so pathetic for opening up to some girl. When did he become such a soft-hearted loser? He tried to be himself around someone and got burned. Ruhya had torn down his walls but now he was going to rebuild them ten feet higher and thicker.

Judar's heart began to harden and grow hot with anger. He crumpled Ruhya's note as he clenched his fists in anger.

But who was he angry at, Ruhya or himself?

Judar shot up from the ground. It didn't matter who he was angry at, as long as he felt something. Even the burning anger was better than the cold numbness. He wiped his face roughly, trying to erase any trace of his tears. 

"I'm a goddam Magi, Magis don't cry. Get over it." Judar hissed to himself. That's right, he was a Magi, an all powerful sorcerer of creation, a chooser of kings and destroyer of countries. He didn't need anyone, especially not some two-faced circus rat that couldn't even control her own magic. 

"Screw you, Ruhya! I don't need you! In fact, I'm glad you're gone. Worthless bi..." Judar trailed off as his voice grew quiet, unable to finish. He couldn't bring himself to finish the curse that was burning on his tongue. 

A deep scowl marred Judar's face as he stormed out of the empty room. A storm brewed in his mind as he fought between being angry at Ruhya for leaving him and being angry at himself for letting her get so close. 

He was so focused on his own thoughts that he didn't even notice Kougyoku until he accidentally bumped into her. She grunted in surprise as she jerked back. His arm reached out to push her to the ground before he stopped himself. It wouldn't be fair to take out his anger on one of his only friends.