𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮- mileven (pt. 3)

word count:
795

warnings:
angst, fluff finally, swearing i think ?

summary: it doesn't take a genius to see that mike and el hate each other. and the party is sick of it. especially will. so together they form a plan to hopefully bring mike and el closer to be friends (or maybe more) but will a plan scrawled on a piece of notebook paper with 4 exasperated teenagers behind the scenes bring them together?

a/n: final part !!! sorry it's literally been almost a month since i last updated but life has been really hard and truly i don't have a better excuse of why i haven't been writing. but i will be trying to update more so hang tight with me :)
{enemies to lovers au}
{set before s3, but after s2- ignore past mileven moments, but some new/ones in s3 will happen}

✧✧✧

Hours must have passed, or at least it seemed that way to El. Although with a spiteful remark from Mike, she learned it had only been around 15 minutes.

El knew she could easily use her powers to escape and never have to face her feelings for Mike or even make up with the boy. But she knew there was a reason that her friends locked them in the closet, and by now, she knew it was time to at least try making up.

"I'm sorry." El's voice was just barely above a whisper.

"What?" Mike snaps his head up from his previous curled up position. His hair was curlier than usual, as he had run his hand through it multiple times. His eyes were wide with curiosity, and his cheeks were lightly flushed from the stuffy closet. El felt her heart stutter.

"For... being a bitch to you. You didn't deserve it. I didn't mean to insult you at the Snowball."

Mike then cuts her off. "You didn't mean to insult me? How the fuck does that happen?"

"I... I wanted to ask you to... d-dance with me. I really did... but I guess I panicked and my reaction was to push you away. So I was mean. And I'm so sorry for that." El wraps her arms around her legs and leans her head into the crook between her legs.

"You wanted to dance with me?" Mike's eyebrows furrowed together in a dance like fashion.

"Yeah." El suddenly found her shoes much more interesting to stare at.

"Why?"

"How couldn't I? You looked great. And I guess I started to feel... different towards you. But you know how I'm terrible at expressing my feelings, so I was rude and you fought back so I decided that that was how our friendship... if you could call it that... would be from then on." El sighs, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Feel different?"

"I started to..." El trailed off, deciding it was now or never, and their "friendship" couldn't be damaged further. "Like you."

Silence ensues.

Tears rise in a certain girl's eyes.

"I get it if y-you don't want to talk to me. I truly do. I just needed to tell you why I was rude, and I'm sorry. I'll get us out now and we don't have to talk about this ever again." El shakily stands up, and rushes to the door.

Mike stands up too, staring down at the floor. A million thoughts run through his mind, all tracing back to the hidden feelings he harbored for her.

Mike had always had a crush on El. Since the first day he met her, his heart would always beat faster around her. His palms would grow sweaty when they talked. And that one day that changed everything, he thought she looked gorgeous at the Snowball. The truth was, he approached her to ask her for at least one dance, but she had spoken harshly to him, and he felt as if his heart crumbled. So he, along with El, hid his feelings behind bickering and hatred.

So hearing her admit that she felt the same way as he did made his mind overload.

As El concentrated on forcing the door to open, Mike decided that whatever happened, he had to at least know he had shown her his true feelings for her.

He grabs her wrist, and pulls her close to his body that towered over her small frame. He leans down to her lips, and gently presses them together.

El's eyes widen comically, before her eyelashes flutter against Mike's cheek as she drowns in the love and passion of the kiss.

Mike pulls away slowly, his face flushed to match El's. Both of their curly hair was unruly and the remaining traces of El's lipgloss was smeared between the two of them.

El slowly opens her eyes, still lost in the feeling of their lips molded together.

"I guess you could say I feel the same." Mike whispers, as El lets out a breathless laugh.

"Let's get out of here. I think I might just pass out from a heat stroke any minute now."

Mike offers a lopsided grin before inching back to allow El to open the door.

✧✧✧

Mike and El walk into the living room, their positions of hands on hips mirroring each other.

The rest of the party froze in their spots across the room, eyes wide and jaws slack.

"Did it work?" Will peeps up, voice cracking slightly.

Mike and El shrug, interlocking their hands.

Lucas lets out a shrill scream, falling off the couch.

"Y-You guys??" Dustin can barely get out from excitement.

"I guess your stupid plan did work."

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

thanks for the note dustin 💀

hope you enjoyed yeet