Chapter 26: SpringField Avenue

Okay so it's getting near the end of the book ;) It's been fun writing it and reading all your comments and of course ill miss this story once it's finished D: but I will be starting a new one so as I mentioned in an early chapter, watch out for it ;) I hope you guys will like that one as much as you liked this one and now I shall stop my babbling and let you get on with the story ;D

Vote&Comment&Enjoy!

-Aii

Chapter 26: Springfield Avenue

"What the-?" Was the words that woke me up from my... kind of peaceful sleep.

I'd been under the covers after all and feel slightly suffocated to say the least. So it was only natural that I burst out of the blankets like a mad woman after being under for so long. In a way, the voice actually saved my life. Who knew how much longer I could've lasted being so oxygen deprived. Probably not very long. My breath holding record was around... Ten seconds... Who knew how I lasted the whole night in the first place. I think I should be in the Guinness World Records. Okay, maybe not.

"What's all the noise?" I looked to the side from my sitting position on my bed to see Adrian groggily rising from under the covers of the other bed.

He, like Derek who was currently glaring from the floor, was shirtless and wore only boxers. So did I push Derek off?

"Why'd you push me off man?" Derek growled at Adrian.

Oh... So it wasn't him.

"Blame Avery, she pushed me off first." Adrian retorted accusingly.

Derek slowly turned in my direction, but by that time I already got up and zipped out of the room screaming, "Breakfast anyone?!" Unknown to the two men, I also grabbed the my clothes so I could escape afterwards. I didn't feel like dealing with the two today, maybe I'll call Amelia since it seems to be a while since I last hung out with her. I quickly tugged on my clothes in the bathroom before running downstairs. I picked up the house phone from its holder and typed in her number as I headed for the kitchen.

"Morning." I called to Emily, Jenny, and my Mom who were having pancakes.

I stole a generously maple syrup covered one from Emily's plate, which earned me a scowl as chewed it quickly, washing it down with juice my Mom set out beforehand. Smart lady right there. I opened the fridge as Amelia came through.

"Hey." I said as I pushed items around in the fridge, looking for something good I can bring with me when I go out.

"Avery? Oh my god, where have you been?!?! I thought you were dead!" Only she would think of something as dramatic as that.

I chuckled as I answered. "I've been busy." Was the lame excuse I had at the moment.

"So busy that you didn't have time to call your best friend?" She sniffed.

I sighed, which made her giggle.

"So I was wondering if you had time today? We could go to the mall or-"

"Yes!" She squealed so loudly I had to hold the phone away from my ear.

My hand met with a cool smooth surface of a box. I furrowed my brows and took it out. It was the third cheesecake I bought. We'd already finished the first and second. I nudged the phone so that my cheek and shoulder were preventing it from falling and opened the box with both hands. My eyes immediately spotted the chess piece. My eyes opened wide as I picked it out and quickly close the box. I set it back in before racing up to my room.

"Hold on for a second." I said to Amelia who was still babbling on about what she was going to buy and put the phone down on my desk before looking at the two men who were still in a silent face off.

I cleared my throat. Their attention snapped to me as I raised a brow. I cut to the chase because I didn't want to waste any time besides, it was my room anyway and I knew they'd start bugging me if I didn't speak now.

"Get out." Short and simple and with that I kicked them out. Literally.

I could still hear pounding at the door as I flicked the lock so that the couldn't get in. I placed the chess and puzzle piece in my little hiding place and opened the note.

"Only one more stop if you can solve this clue. Near Springfield Avenue is a man singing the blues. Find him and pay him 7 quarters and a dime. Or the secret you want to know will be hidden and forever only mine." O read out loud to myself.

Oh great. I have to find a man who's singing the blues? How in the world am I supposed to do that?! And Springfield Avenue? Which intersection is that? The avenue itself was probably thousands of blocks long!

"Avery? Avery are you there?" Amelia's voice snapped me out of my little trance.

I hurried over to the phone and picked it up.

"Amelia, actually there's been a change of plans." I said in an almost apologetic tone.

I heard an impatient huff and knew that she was already expecting this. "Another clue?" This girl's a psychic I tell you!

I laughed weakly. She sighed. "Fineeee. But you owe me!"

"Your wish is my command." I joked.

I can already imagine her eye roll as we said our good byes and hung up. I completely forgot about the men outside my door since it was so quiet so I didn't expect them tumbling in when I opened the door.

"So where are you going?" Adrian asked, obviously overheard my conversation with Amelia.

"Somewhere." I answered vaguely as I pushed past him.

But of course, Derek blocked the doorway as the second wall I had to past to get to freedom.

"And where is 'somewhere'?" He raised a brow.

I bit my lower lip scanning his expectant face, answering slowly to see his reaction. "Springfield."

There was a flicker in his eyes as his face broke out into a smirk. "Then I'm coming with you."

"So am I!" Adrian pipped in.

"No you're not." Derek snapped at the guy behind me.

I sighed. I should've kept my mouth shut. I heard a horn coming from outside and slipped under Derek's arm while he and Adrian were arguing. I sped out of the house, shouting to my Mom where. I was going before hopping into Amelia's car. I told her the directions as I looked back to see the two half naked guys shouting from the front door and stuck out my tongue. Suckers. I looked back at Amelia's amused expression and noticed something.

"You do realize we'll be doing a lot of walking... Right?" I said as I eyed her rather high heels.

"Seriously?" She groaned as she started for Springfield Avenue.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hm... A man singing the blues..? O:

FAMMOTe!

Btw... I'm like obsessed with this Korean reality show called "The Running Man" now.. You guys should all go check it out when you have time ;D

"