Chapter 80 - Apotheosis

Mom leans forward towards the desk and closes the medical file. She picks it up and hands it over to us, though keeps both of her hands on the file with her words, "I have to go back to the hospital– hopefully this is enough for the two of you to be your genius detective selves and help this poor boy"

Stiles steps up beside me, wrapping his arm behind my back as I grasp the file mom now hands over and smile towards her "We'll figure it out mom– we don't have another option."

She smiles softly, moving her eyes between the pair of us before she sets her hand on the side of my face "Stay safe guys and keep me posted."

We nod and I offer a reassuring smile before she grabs her keys and she's out the door.

Stiles sighs and moves his thumb against the skin of my hip as he offers hesitantly "Sooo... Deaton?"

I scrunch my mouth to the side, never one to want to go to the vet first for anything, however we're out of options and he did know exactly what to do to save my life

I tilt my head from one side to the other before I flick my eyes up to connect with Stiles' "Yea let's give it a go."

We get to the animal clinic about fifteen minutes later and having called Deaton on the way– he's standing out back with the door open, waiting for us.

I hand him the medical file from mom and fill him in on what she found. Deaton lifts up the papers to look at the ultrasound picture "Vanishing twin syndrome..."

Stiles makes a noise and points across me as the three of us come to a stop in the exam room next to the back door "This is part of your expertise, right?"

"Not particularly, no." Deaton smirks over to us and I shrug, about to remark that it needs to be all of our expertise as soon as possible when the door behind us crashes open.

We all turn around and my eyes widen slightly at seeing Scott and Liam walking in. Seeing them isn't cause for alarm– no, no it's the very tall and menacing Dread Doctor in between them.

They're barely holding him up and he looks to be badly injured if the blood seeping into their clothes is any indication

Looking over to us, Scott pants out "He's still alive"

Deaton sets the file down and we usher them over towards the table.

Scott and Liam lay the Surgeon Dread onto the exam table, while Stiles, Deaton and I walk up to stand around the table with them.

Deaton moves around, trying to see what state the surgeon is in before Scott looks over to him "Can you keep him alive?"

"I'm not sure he technically is alive." Deaton counters earning Liam to scoff "Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?"

Stiles makes a noise and lifts his hand off of the side of his face "Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough."

I chuckle, bumping my shoulder into him and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Did you hear that?" Liam questions, earning a slight nod from Scott while Stiles and I share a look not knowing what they're going on about.