- 32 -

"Get out," I sigh at my asshole of an older brother.

The whole - I've missed you so I'm being sweet act - is now over and he's back to being Eli. He farted in the car and wouldn't let me open the window. You should have seen the face of the poor Chick-fil-A worker when he finally let the window down. It's very admirable that she still said my pleasure when we pulled off.

"I'm leaving, I'm leaving," He chuckles, making his way to the door.

"Have fun." I retort sarcastically, slamming the door behind him.

I let out a sigh, looking around the gorgeous penthouse. I feel like I can never appreciate everything that has been given to me to the fullest. I went from a moldy bed on the ground to sleeping in the heights. I can't help but picture living the rest of my life in this here; building a family, having little ones running around.

I want a future

I want a fulfilled life

I'm not sure how to get that, but one thing is for sure. No matter where I envision myself ending up, Cole is right there next to me. I might not tell him that to his face, however, I can't lie to myself. I know I want him.

And I want him to want me too

***

The sound of a door creaking stirs me out of my nap. I had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for Cole to get back.

I look over the back of the couch. Cole's figure can be seen creeping through the kitchen. The moon cast light on his body from the living room windows. Either he was glowing in the moonlight or I just really missed him. His usually deep blue eyes reflect the moon beautifully. So much so, I could see them from my place on the couch.

"How was it?" I yawn out, barely comprehensible.

Nevertheless, Cole understands it because he responds, "We start the new security plans tomorrow."

He grabs a bottle of water and sits next to me on the couch.

"How long have you been up?" 

My eyes follow the motion of his Adam's apple. I think I do miss him...

"Not very long, I just took a small nap" Lie.

I've had time to watch three movies while he was gone and that was before my small nap.

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

I tune into the movie that was still playing. It was some sappy love story. Broken girl meets a broken boy then they become beautifully broken together.

Now that's my favorite type of love story

"What the hell are you watching?" Cole snorts, looking at the screen in adhorrence. 

Honestly, I don't really know the name of it, but I've seen it in my queue multiple times. I just shrug, rising from my position on the couch.

"It's a romance movie."

I stretch nonchalantly, walking towards the kitchen. My stomach growling reminds me just how long I've been waiting for him

"Love is stupid," Cole sighs. I instantly raise a brow at his comment.

"Please enlighten me on why you say that," 

"It's dangerous," He stands up turning towards me, "To have something worth losing,"