Chapter 9 ~ the fruits of old love.

Hiya guys. So... I think I'm not even going to try and explain myself.

It's been a very long time since I've updated and I just hope that this chapter makes you a bit happy. Also, I want to thank everyone that still reads my stories. You guys have no idea how many times I've gone to see your comments just to see that someone has re-read my story for the third time - it's simply amazing.

I don't think even I've read it three times.

But anyways, thank you all so much and I love you guys! Hope you enjoy!

370 Years Ago....

"What if we break in through the East Wing?" Keneya suggested, pointing  a manicured finger on the blueprint of the mansion laid out on the table in front of them. She looked up through her thick white lashes at Percy, staring at the way he bit his bottom lip between his teeth as he thought out the plan. His sea green eyes were locked on the blueprint which gave her the perfect opportunity to check him out shamelessly. Not that she had any shame when she checked him out all the times he was looking anyways.

Percy huffed slightly, placing his pointing finger a little to the left of where her own was still placed on the blueprint. "The windows are made of polycarbonate  and are triple glazed- that makes them extremely bulletproof, so it'd take us a while to get through them." He looked up at her, sending her a smile. "Here though, we have the vents which are just big enough for the both off us to travel through safely. We turn of the power and start from the bottom - the entrance is outside so we'll make our way up."

She sighed slightly, placing her palms at the edge of the wooden table and leaning against them. "Remind me again why we can't just have you vapour travel us in?" she asked.

The other assassin simply rolled his eyes, though he did send her a fond look that had Keneya's insides squirming pleasantly. "It's good practise," he replied, starting to fold the blueprint like one would do with a scroll. "Prior to popular belief of many people in this universe, I don't always just magically appear in my target's house in the middle of the night." 

Keneya huffed petulantly. "Trust me, I know. You're a psychopath who is going to make me do this at four in the morning."

"People are most groggy in the morning - they would have expected an attack in the middle of the night like maybe one or two o'clock, they won't expect us to appear at four," Percy stated, hiding the now folded blueprints under the table. When he looked up, he took one look at the pout that Keneya was sporting and moved over to her side to cup her face in one of his hands, his thumb massaging over the skin on her cheek. "Stop pouting, you're the one that wanted to do a mission together, Neya."

Keneya had a moment where she felt her breath catch at their closeness, enjoying something as simple as the hand cupping her jaw. She leaned closer to Percy, wrapping her arms around his neck which prompted him to wrap an arm around her waist. A smile appeared on her lips as she gently bumped their noses together, like an Eskimo kiss. "I thought it'd be fun - I didn't anticipate having to stay up all night on a Friday due to the plan."

Percy hummed as if he was amused by her, but she couldn't say anything about it before he pressed his lips softly to hers, a small pressure that had her tightening her arms around his neck and moving a hand to Percy's jet black locks to pull him closer. Keneya loved small tender moments like these more than she loved being an assassin sometimes - they filled her with passion she had never felt before and made her wish to simply say the words 'I love you.'

She didn't think that either of them were ready for that yet though; Percy had been in relationships before that had ended catastrophically and Keneya herself wasn't ready for rejection or the idea of him pulling back from her simply before she finally voiced how she felt after nearly two years of dating.