T H R E E

Santana walked in the store with India cowering behind him shyly, not wasting any time as he walked to the back

"It's closed but someone mi-"

"Ion care." He cut her off and continued walking despite the lights being on in the back. It didn't matter who was here, she said she needed her paycheck so she was gonna tighten up and get it.

"Hello?" Gary weakly asked from the back, coming around the corner to see who was there.

"Hey." He answered back, looking through the drawers for the keys to the cash register.

"Who are y-"

"Don't worry bout that." Santana said with a mug, finding the key on a hook beneath the counter.

He opened it and calmly grabbed everything in it, counting out $600 before turning to look at Gary. The first thing he noticed was how short the man was.

"What are you doing? India? Leave before I call the poli-"

"You wildin, what you got back here though?" He grabbed India and pulled her close to him not wanting Gary to try anything.

India's face grew hot but she ignored it and clung tighter to his side, feeling safe but also scared with how nonchalant he was about it all. His face remained the same with the unamused blank expression.

His name was Santana, he'd just turned 19, and he smelled like cinnamon.

That's what she knew so far.

"I'm not joking around with you, I will call the police! She stabbed me earlier and I had to get stitches! Did she tell you that?" Gary continued with his empty threats but they both knew he wasn't going to call the police.

He'd recognized the boy as soon as his eyes landed on him, that was something he didn't want to get himself involved with.

"I don't care." Santana said honestly, continuing the casually flip through his stuff until he found something.

"Look, whatever you want.. you can have it. Just leave and I will work with you I promise I-"

"I know I can. Where's her check?"

"Here, here! Just go!" He urged pulling it out of his desk drawer and sliding it in his hand.

"Thank you. Dee the security cameras work in here?" India looked up at him and shook her head before the same frown came on his face.

"I mean no. There are no security cameras on this whole street." She said softly, pushing her hair behind her ear.

When she thought they were about to leave she turned around to walk out but heard a single ring noise. When she attempted to turn around he grabbed her arm and walked out calmly, keeping her body facing the door.