Chapter 34 Shawn Part VII

Chapter 34 Shawn Part VII Never Say Die

The other group of Judges attacked. The tall muscular one with brown hair came after me with his sword. He attacked by swinging his sword downward, but my body reacted. I summoned my halo and my staff appeared to block his attack.

"A staff versus my broadsword? You won't last." his voice heavy as it matched the seriousness of his eyes. He held a stoic expression that told me that this was only business to him and nothing more. He backed off and with a flick of two fingers of his non-sword hand summoned two doves made from the air.

I managed to block them, but in the process, he cut me in the stomach. I fell to the ground and held the wound. Blood pouring out as I fought the pain. I wanted to cry and panic, but something inside of me wanted to defy those feelings. The man planted his sword in the ground and crouched with his knees.

"My sword can cut through anything. Imagine how your body feels. You did okay for a lancer, but you are no match for a saber-like me."

"Lancer?" I croaked. Another lesson to be learned.

"Yeah, your class of weapon. I guess you all don't know much. There are 7 classes based on your weapon," he pointed at my group. He told me how Charlie was an assassin because of his daggers. Lisa, an archer. Bruce a lancer himself. Jasmine a saber-like himself. Then there are Riders and Caster like Joel and Ben.

Joel was a short and skinny guy with bright red hair. He seemed as serious as the rest of their group. He was on a horse that looked like a unicorn. The hair replaced with electricity and blue hooves. Charlie managed to avoid the stomp from it and missed striking the horse's legs.

Ben, an average white male with a crew cut held a wand and summoned waves of water that crashed into Lisa. She washed against the wall with a sickening thud.

"Within those classes are more specializations. For instance, I'm considering a grunt. It based on your bond. Which none of you have. You lose. Take your death with dignity." He stood and raised his sword. A voice inside of me told me not to give up. I could feel the water, my weapon, and an image of an Ibis appeared. Never say die!" I heard Jasmine yell.

My body felt cool as the water inside of me rampaged. My halo glowed brighter as my body turned into a blue light. The sword came down and I blocked it with a new staff. I had armor plates on my shoulders and chest. An Egyptian kilt that had Ibis ornaments. I stood up still blocking the sword as he continued to pushed down.

"You, you're not a lancer."

"No, I'm a caster," I said and I freed one hand. With two fingers I wrote in the sky as water trailed my fingers and the words flew towards him. The words became frozen and he froze. Without another thought, I took my staff and smashed it through his frozen body, but stopped myself as I realized that he is still human. Killing him isn't the same as the angels and Nephilim's. I couldn't do it.

A woman with long, gray hair walked past me. She nodded her head and touched him. His body faded away. She then lifted his group and they faded away too. She looked at us and smiled.

"You are the victors."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Irene. I'm the one Imhotep tried to save. I'm your executioner."