Chapter 3 - "Hello?"

Happy Third of December! I am writing this obviously before hand so I can post everyday of the month of December but if I miss one day out, I am so sorry. That's probably because I didn't had time to write...

________________________________

As I walked in my apartment and turned the lights on, I sighed. I was all alone, again. I could hear everyone chatter outside. The streets of New York were always loud during midnight but quiet in the early morning.

Just imagine how good I slept...

I put my bag down and walked to my room. As I reached the window of my room, I looked outside. The city was full of light and a enormous amount of people were walking around. Sometimes, I would wish that I could go.

Go out with friends and have a good time. It would be so much better for my mental health. I guess the only thing that kept me sane was my job. Because of my job, I met Rose and at least had her as my friend. At least that's how it felt for me.

I walked to my bathroom, washed my face and put my hair in a high ponytail so I could have a shower without wetting my hair. I got in the shower and let the warm water fall over my body. Out of enjoyment, I sighed and closed my eyes.

This was one of my ways to release the stress out of my body. It was effective and that's what counted for me. Even though it was lonely. After I finished showering, I dried my body and put my pyjama on. It was pink and fluffy - and it would certainly keep me comfortable and warm.

I walked to the kitchen and had some left overs from the last time I cooked. Chicken and rice. As I looked at the time, I didn't feel like eating at all. To be honest, who would want to eat at 10:35 PM. It was too late and it would be also unhealthy to eat at this time.

I took the milk out of the fridge and warmed it in the microwave. I put powdery chocolate in the milk so if I would mix it, it would become a chocolate milk. With my warm chocolate milk, I walked to the living room. I turned on the TV and saw that one Christmas movie was one.

I wanted to skip it but couldn't care less as I would go and sleep after I finished drinking my chocolate milk. I looked at the male who was head over heels for the girl but somehow the girl couldn't see it.

"Are you blind?" I asked out loud when the girl started talking about her crush. I felt horrible when I saw the male lead looking jealously at the other male character. I drank my chocolate milk sip by sip. As I finished my milk, I still remained on the couch. I wanted to know what the ending was going to be because of the looks of it, it felt like Jake wasn't going to get his happy ending because of Laura and Mike.

Without really releasing, my eyes were shutting down slowly. Like that I felt asleep...

A loud ring made me wake up. I groaned and looked at the direction where this sound was coming from. I frowned when I saw my phone vibrating. Who was calling me? No one calls me usually.

"Hello?" I asked sleepy.

"Oh here, I am waiting for you and you are still in bed." I heard Rose loudly shouting through the phone. Confused, I looked at my phone screen and then at the time. I gasped loudly when I saw that it was 6:30 AM. I had to be there by now.

"Yes missie, you are late. Just be happy that the manager is not here and that I am waiting in the cold." Rose said annoyed. I wanted to ask her how she got my number but listening to how annoyed she was, I didn't want her to be even angrier at me than she already was.

"I will be there in ten minutes." I said and I knew deep down that it was going to take me more than ten minutes to reach there.

"You better." She said before she hung up on me. My attention went to the TV when I heard noises coming out of it. It was still on. I fell asleep while watching that stupid Christmas movie.

"I knew better." I said annoyed as I turned off the TV. I walked to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face. There was no time for me to shower. No matter how dirty I was going to feel, it was simply late. I couldn't afford that luxury now.

I brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail. I put my usual black pants and t-shirt on. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. You always look just boring...

I quickly walked to my room, grabbed my bag and put my jacket on. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket as I was walking towards the front door of my apartment. I put my shoes on and opened the door - and quickly shut it behind me and locking it before rushing downstairs.

For a second, I thought that Rose was calling me again but when I looked at my phone I saw it was a message from the university. Basic universities wishing us a happy Christmas. I wasn't just walking but literally running towards the coffee shop.

I just hoped I was there before the manager because honestly, I wouldn't want her anger to come over me. As I reached the coffee shop, I saw Rose still waiting outside. When I finally stood still, I tried catching my breath.

"You had a damn work out this morning." Rose said and I sighed as I shook my head.

"You have no idea." I said. I saw the car of our manager driving in the street.

"You literally just reached on time." Rose said as she was looking at our manager. She was parking the car and as soon as she was done, she got out and walked towards us.

"There was a bit of traffic. Sorry for the delay." She said as if she thought that we had been waiting here for a good few minutes. Little did she knew that I just had reached.

Rose and I quietly nodded our head as she opened the coffee shop. Both Rose and I walked in after our manager did. Some customers were already walking in.

"Here take my stuff, I will go attend the customers." I said and Rose nodded. I walked towards the till where we made our coffee as well as attending the customers.

"Can I have a hot chocolate?" A old woman asked sweetly. I smiled.

"Of course. That's then two dollars and twenty five cents." I said with still a smile on my face. The old lady smiled and handed me over the money. I quickly made the hot chocolate for her and then handed it over.

"Thank you my darling." She thanked me.

"You are welcome." I said with a smile. When I turned myself around to attend the other customer, I froze. The same rude man with beautiful eyes was looking at me...

Fuck...