13.|| 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕝𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟

PEOPLE LIKE TO say that the death of Jason Blossom changed everything at Riverdale High. But certain things, certain traditions never change.

Take homecoming, for instance.

Though Jason's jersey had been retired, the Riverdale Bulldogs would still be playing their arch-rivals, the Baxter High Ravens, with the River Vixens cheering them on.

As in previous years, graduates from days of Riverdale Past will come to town to relive their more youthful, more carefree days.

Or to make up for lost time.

🔆🔆🔆

"ARCHIE, THE REASON why I came.." Mary started as she sat at the table with her son, Bryce sitting across from him with her eyes glued to her phone.

"You came because of the divorce." Archie told her, "Because I called Dad."

"You know, I thought that Riverdale would be better for you than Chicago." Mary told him. "It would be safer."

"It's okay, Mom. Really, I'm okay." Archie says, "And I mean, it hasn't been all bad. My friends are amazing. Dad and I are closer than ever right now. Bryce and I are close. And also..."

"You've been singing." Mary grinned.

"Songwriting, yeah. And singing."

"And your dad tells me that you're great." She said, causing him to chuckle.

"I hope you'll play me some songs before I go."

"Yeah, for sure." He said. "I'm playing at the dance. So, if you wanna see me play live."

"And I hope you'll sing me something again before I leave." Mary said, turning to her niece.

"Uh, I stopped singing a while ago, Aunt Mary." Bryce told her with a small smile as she stood up. "Jughead and I are going to see Uncle FP before school. I'll see you at school Archie. I love you, Aunt Mary."

"Why did she stop singing?" Mary asked her son, "She has such a beautiful voice."

"I don't know." Archie shrugged, "She just did. But, uh, I think I have an idea on how to get her to sing. I just need Beau's help."

🔆🔆🔆

BRYCE AND JUGHEAD walked into the trailer home, glancing around the now clean trailer.

"Either I'm dreaming, or two grown men actually cleaned this place." Beau mumbled, looking around in amazement that there were not longer empty bear bottles littering the house anymore.

"Dad, have you been body-snatched?" Jughead asked as FP walked from the back, freshly shaved and dressed.

"Oh, I feel good, Jug." He held his arms out with a smile. "Wanna look good, too. Shave. Clean the place us a bit. A little paint..B, your Dad should be back any second now."

"Okay."

"Oh, I got us some coffee and donuts."

"And I read your, uh...Your essay. Manuscript?" FP as the three of them walked into the kitchen.

"You did?"

"Yeah."

"Really?" Bryce raised an eyebrow at her Uncle.

"I asked you for it, didn't I?" FP asked.

"Yeah. I don't know. I figured you were just pretending to be interested." Jughead leaned back against the counter as Bryce and her Uncle sat at the table.