35. LITTLE LIES YOU'RE TOLD

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
[LITTLE LIES YOU'RE TOLD]

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE[LITTLE LIES YOU'RE TOLD]

Molly hadn't moved for who knows how long.

Silence gnawed at her insides. It hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything.

She didn't even know how she got up to this bedroom in the Salvatore house. Every moment since they arrived back from the prison world was a blur. A dark, nightmare of a blur.

She kept waiting for Kai to walk in through the white-painted wooden door, that stood at the opposite corner of the room.

She kept waiting to hear his voice, his breathing, his footsteps.

It was a familiar feeling to when he merged with Luke, and she waited in her room for him to crawl in through that window so she knew he survived.

But he wasn't coming back.

At least that's what everyone else thought.

A knock sounded at the door and Molly wanted to vomit, this was now the fourth person in the past hour who had come up to this room and tried to talk to her.

When the visitor got no response from Molly, the door creaked open. 

Molly, who had her back to the door, waited for them to speak so she could identify them.

"Molly?" Tyler spoke.

She could scream at his voice alone.

He crept closer, she felt his stare on her back. But she had no energy, no motivation to move. There wasn't a point. To anything.

"You haven't eaten anything in like— twenty four hours." Tyler says, glancing at the full plate of food Elena brought up earlier.

"Are you going to eat?" Kai asks, shoving a piece of food in his mouth.

"I'm not hungry." Molly mumbles, her eyes trailing off to the ground.

"I made you food." Kai responds.

"Well I'm not hungry." Molly yells, turning to Kai quickly.

The vision flashes through her mind at Tyler's words. What she would do to go back in time, when none of this had happened yet. That that prison world didn't sound so bad anymore.