Chapter 33

It had been seven years since Fazbear Entertainment watched their only attempt to revive their restaurant chain with a horror attraction burn to the ground, both metaphorically and literally. They had been trying to draw back in the youth for decades, reopening old pizza joints only to watch as they flopped within days of their openings. The current CEO, Mike Schmidt, rested his head in his hands, feeling utterly defeated. He had kept coming back since his unlikely employment back in '93 and planned to watch the chain sink below the surface with him on board.
The phone rang, forcing Schmidt from his thoughts. He immediately picked up, only to hear heavy breathing on the other end.
"Hello?" Mike said into the receiver, awaiting a response but only receiving the same, heavy breathing. "Hello hello helllo?"
The breathing grew louder and louder, seeming to exhort across the room. It gradually grew closer and closer until the connection died.
Mike sighed, dropping the phone back into its stand. Nothing seemed to be going his way lately, and he would soon have to admit defeat and surrender control of Fazbear Entertainment.
That's when he heard a knock on the door.
Mike slowly approached the door to his office, reaching to turn the knob only to stop in his tracks. He could hear heavy breathing outside the door, the same breathing from the phone call a minute prior.
"H-hello?" Mike whispered, beginning to feel fear, the first he'd felt since his shift in the 90s.
The door was broken down, throwing the CEO into his desk, which crumbled under the sudden, extreme force. A figure stepped into the room, his head now concealed by a twisted bear mask. It chuckled, approaching the ex guard as he scrambled backwards in full panic mode.
Mike shouted in alarm, quickly glancing around for an opening in which he could escape.
"If it isn't the CEO of this failing company, it's nice to FINALLY meet you, Mr. Schmidt," the....thing spoke, its tone robotic and cold yet possessing a hint of insanity.
Schmidt started gasping for air, beginning to have a panic attack as the monster grew closer. "P-please get away from me! GET AWAY!" He was now having a full blown panic attack triggered by his PTSD.
"I must thank you for sending me down to that rental place a while back," the monster continued, reaching forward and grabbing the man by the neck. "We got our chance to escape, and this body was far more suitable than any other we could've chosen. He may be dead, but we're still here....heheheheHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!"
Mike was choking, mentally pleading for this monster to spare his life.
The monster lifted Mike Schmidt up towards its mouth and chomped down, bits of the CEO's brain spraying across the destroyed office. Suddenly, the body began to convulse, dropping to the ground before making several heaving sounds.
"So, you were still alive after all," the monster whispered, somewhat impressed before it was forced from the body it possessed.
The empty carcass rose to its feet, giving the bundle of wires a final smile before dr9opping to the floor once more, now forever dead.
"HeheheheHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!" Molten Freddy laughed, now fully ready for what was coming. "I might as well greet the birthday boy one last time."