"Oh closer than you think..." I mumble, looking down to the floor.

Just thinking of Lauren and how she would react if she knew what was currently taking place. She'd flip her shit. I bet she'd ram his face into the wall, not before kicking him in an very uncomfortable spot.

Sadly thinking of what she'd do isn't helping me right now considering that she just left this hotel. Maybe if it isn't too late I could call...no she's definitely on the way by now, and with it being the weekend for the VMAs along with regular LA traffic on a Saturday evening, I'd be lucky if she got back here within the next hour of a call.

I think back to those few books that I read on karate and jujitsu when I was a freshman and find myself pondering if I could remember any information from those documents. I then mentally scold myself for only seeking out to read books on self defense instead of going out and signing up for classes like any normal teenager would do.

I was brought from my thoughts as I felt myself being pulled. I looked to see Austin, both pointer fingers slipped into a belt loop on either side of my jeans. He slowly, but forcefully dragged my body into his until our hips met. My eyes widened at the sudden contact as I looked into his eyes and saw the devilish expression on his face.

"Whoever you're dating...obviously wouldn't have a thing on me...so how about you just give me your number, and I'll call you tonight, sound fair?" He smirks. I gulp down heavily whatever amount of saliva I could conjure up in my dry throat as he stared into my eyes.

"Or you could plant one on me right here and I'll show you just how good I can make you feel."

His face was now dangerously close to mine and I could feel his breath tickle my lips. With his fingers still laced in the notches on my jeans, I had no way of backing away from him. I slowly backed my head away from his and let out a shaky breath.

"I'll make you forget all about whoever you're with, c'mon now." He pulls me in again. "I won't go down without a fight."

"Oh yes you will." I hear a familiar voice call from behind me.

Austin's head snaps up from me and in the direction of the still widely opened door. I too decide to glance backwards and are met with two faces that at the moment, I couldn't be any more glad to see right now.

Austin's grip on me vanishes as he steps back an inch, his face softening only a slight bit and a fake smile appearing on it as well.

"Normani, Ally." He exclaims. "Long time no see eh?" I turn around fully in a very awkward stance now, still breathing rather unevenly as I send the two lifesavers a very nervous smile.

They return the gesture quickly before looking back to Austin. Normani had a box clutched under her right arm, the other arm propped on her hip as she stared the boy down. Ally had both brows raised and with her arms crossed as she had released the luggage she was once holding.

"What the hell are you doing here Mahone?" Normani speaks through gritted teeth.

"Just ya know, checking around. Seeing whose in the hotel this year and whatnot...making friends." He shrugs, shoving his hand back into his pockets.

"Hm really? Got a bit too friendly there don't ya think?" Her eyes finding mine before sending daggers back into his.

"Well what can I say...I'm a very sociable person-"

"Yeah, cut the bullshit. Get out." She nods her head behind her and Ally before the pair both step aside making a pathway for him to walk through.

He sighs and rolls his eyes in annoyance before looking over at me. He throws me a charming smile and walks over to me, stopping a few feet short before reaching me.