28. Runaan- Oblivious

(Requested)

rayla the sassy matchmaker makes a debut

__

After years of war, the magic-filled land of Xadia and the human kingdoms were finally at peace. Our murderous tyrant was dead, and the rightful crown king was in his place. Everything was as it should be. Today was a council meeting, with emissaries from both the Xadian and human kingdoms joining to discuss what plans we should enact next.

I was currently on my way to the meeting spot, a small village on the brink of the border, travelling there by horseback. The brusque wind crashed against my face, the howling sound in my ears never dying down as I sped towards the destination.

Seems like I'm here a bit earlier than expected. Peering at the emerging rooftops in the distance, I noticed some movement along the horizon. Or maybe not.

I stopped my steed once we both had arrived, and guided her to a stable with troughs filled with hay and water. That should be enough to keep her satiated for the duration of the meeting. Two guards were standing near a large tent, helms indicating that they were from the kingdom of Neolandia. I showed them my invitation and they parted the flap of the tent to let me inside.

"General (Y/N), you finally join us. We were all a bit early, sorry about that." I smiled at the human officer, taking a seat at the long table.

"It's quite alright. Though I hope I wasn't intruding on anything."

"Not at all." So the meeting finally began, every creature in the space at ease. My eyes marveled at the sight. Only a couple of years ago, we couldn't even dream of such big things like these. It took us more time to forgive each other after the war, but everyone came around, fortunately.

While glancing around, something, or rather, someone had caught my eye. A Moonshadow elf, with long locks of white hair and streaking markings of a purple hue on his face and arms. Clad in dark blue battle armor, I merely appreciated his broad stature and the power he radiated, even if he was so far across the table.

He had a female companion, a younger looking elf with the same colored markings and hair. Her eyes danced with mischievousness when her irises caught me staring in their direction. Quickly averting my gaze, my face flushed a bit in embarrassment. I couldn't help it, they looked so familiar.

This is an official council meeting, not some dating simulator. I quietly scolded myself and turned my attention to the actual meeting, trying to not think about what had just occurred. But little did I know, the Moonshadow elf girl had other things in mind.

__

"Runaan, I'm telling you!" Rayla protested, whining to him, "They were looking at you!" He merely chuckled and shook his head, crossing his arms in amusement.

"Rayla, I know your antics. Getting my hopes up, and playing with my feelings. Cut it out, would you please?" The smaller girl groaned and whacked his arm, causing a red mark to appear.

"This time I'm not lying! I saw it with my own two eyes!" Runaan sighed, looking downwards at the ground.

"Even if you aren't, I don't think this is the right environment to play matchmaker. We're in the middle of trying to resolve conflicts, and this is the stuff you're talking about?"

"Runaan, I saw your face, and I saw their's! You haven't had that expression since you tried those hot brown morning potions the humans drink! I know a face of love when I see one! Besides, dating a human isn't so bad, Callum and I are doing just fine!" she exclaimed, desperately trying to convince her partner, "C'mon, please?" The male Moonshadow elf groaned, running a hand down his face, taking in a deep breath.