Rough Night

ugh.

it was gonna be one of those nights.

Rider woke up to a sharp, throbbing pain in his head. He rolled over and tried to go back to sleep in hopes that he could just sleep it off, but he had no such luck. He often got huge headaches due to the scar that sat on the side of his face.

He hated it so much. It was so unfair.

He rolled onto his side, curling up into a tight ball. He grabbed at his face as he felt another intense throb that made him nauseous. Rider groaned, but maybe loud enough to wake up his boyfriend who was curled up peacefully next to him.
"Babe, what's wrong?" he heard a groggy voice ask.
"Nothing, go back to bed." he replied.

Rider wanted so bad for Goggles to hold him right now, but he noticed that it was very early in the morning, and he knew that his boyfriend enjoyed to sleep in. He would be able to deal with this himself, he thought, or at least that's what he told himself.
Rider felt a warm body press up against him from behind and small arms gently wrap around his strong figure.

"Rider, is it your head?" Goggles asked quietly.
"No, just go back to sle- Agh!" he suddenly had another sharp pain to his head and his body arched. His headache was getting worse, and there wasn't much he could do to stop it.
Goggles sat up and gently turned Rider towards him.

He was so gentle. How could someone be so gentle?

Goggles caressed Rider's face, knowing that it helped soothe him. He fell into Goggles' touch, feeling a tinge of very welcomed relief.

"Is it really bad right now?" Goggles whispered.
Rider responded by nodding slowly, closing his eyes and trying not to cry. He hated looking weak in front of people he loved, especially his boyfriend. He knew Goggles didn't care if he showed vulnerability, but Rider did.
Rider decided to try and sit up so he could be face to face with the other, but as he sat up his head spun, and a wave of intense nausea smacked him in the face, knocking him backwards.

Goggles reacted immediately and caught Rider in his arms.
He groaned loudly, and grabbed at his head. He started to whimper and his breathing became choppy. Tears flowed down his cheeks, and as Rider tried to hold them back, only more seemed to follow.

Goggles knew that this headache was worse than others, and he needed to calm Rider down quickly or else it would just get worse. He gently took his boyfriend in his arms and held him close to him, letting most of Rider's body lay on the bed but the upper half of him in his arms.
"Shh, calm down, it's okay..." Goggles said softly. He gently rocked back in forth in a desperate attempt to soothe Rider.
At this point, Rider quietly sobbed as he continued to grab at his face. Goggles removed his hand and realized how tense he was.
His eyes were shut tightly, with his shoulders all scrunched up.

"Baby, you have to calm down. Relax." Goggles gently said to him.
He rubbed circles on Rider's back as he continued to gently rock him back in forth. Rider held onto Goggles desperately, as if he'd lose him if he let go.
Goggles knew the only way Rider would find relief is if he got some sleep, so he suddenly had an idea.

"Do you want me to sing to you?" the smaller boy whispered.
Rider nodded, still quietly sobbing into Goggles' shirt.
Goggles started to sing in a gentle voice, a quiet song that he knew Rider liked. As he did he gently ran his hand against Rider's face.
After a while, Rider's desperate hold on Goggles loosened, and his sobs turned into small sniffles.

Goggles continued to sing quietly, pleased that his idea was working. He felt Rider relax slowly in his arms, and drift off into sleep again.
Even after Rider had fallen back asleep, Goggles didn't let go. It hurt his heart so much to see Rider like this.

It was so unfair.

But this is what it was now, and Goggles would do whatever he could to help.
Goggles rested Rider against his pillow, putting him in a comfortable position. Goggles still held him close to him, but for his own comfort.
He knew there would be more of this to come later that day, but in that moment, he enjoyed Rider's peaceful breathing, and fell back into sleep himself.