Chapter 26

"Ma, what do you think?" Ratna asked her mother.

"I don't know. I mean Aman is matured enough to break this relationship, isn't it? There is definitely something else into the picture. We are missing something."

"What else it might be? Anu isn't ready to listen. Aman is behaving like a devdas! Who do we talk to then?" Ratna spoke, utterly tired.

"Chotte!" Manorama entered.

"Huh?"

"Yes Didi. We should talk to chotte about this. Aman is his best friend after all. He was the one to introduce Aman to us. He must know the whole situation."

"Hmm. I guess you are right." Ratna agreed, pondering over her words.

"For now I have convinced and stopped their divorce. But for how long. We need to do something soon." Nani showed her worry.

"We will Ma. Just have faith. Lets call it a day for now and sleep."

"Good night." They all wished each other.

"I love you."

The words kept ringing in her ears.

He just said it. He did say it. He said, he loves me. He... He... Loves... He loves me.

"Khushi?" He held her hand, pressing it gently. She turned slowly, her eyes holding tears.

"Look at me." He said and sat up straight. She did look at him.

"Sit." He patted the area near him on bed and she obeyed.

"Won't you say anything?"

"Umm..." She gulped, completely nervous.

"Khushi." He held her face and made her look at him, wiping her tears away. "I heard everything." He confessed and her head shot up. She looked at him with her wide hazel orbs.

She opened her mouth but couldn't utter a word out.

"I-I.."

"Shush." He kissed her forehead.

"I love you."

"Arnavji." She breathed closing her eyes.

"I have loved you since the first day I saw you. On the day of interview. Remember, I was behaving weird. Because I was so lost into you " he scratched the back of head, embarrassed.

"I wanted to know more about you. I wanted to see you, everyday. So I gave you the job. I made you my assistant. So I could call you anywhere, anytime, Look at you any moment. I would be sometimes so lost that you once caught me. Remember?" She smiled remembering the moment back in past, where she had to clear her throat to make him come back to present.

"I would always act weird around you. I was so confused. I mean I never experienced love. I never knew anything about love. I never have been into relationship before because I was always waiting for the right moment and the right girl. And then you entered my life. And Looking at you, I knew it was you."

"Aman would always tease me with your names. He even calls you Bhabhi infront of me. Whenever he has to address you. You know what he feels for you?"

"A sister." She replied.

"Hmm."

"I feel the same. He is my brother ."

"Khushi, would you make me the happiest man by marrying me?" He kept the proposal ahead in the hospital wearing hospital gown, on the hospital bed.