S I X

riches wet curls stuck to his face as he got out of the shower.

looking in the mirror, he combed his curls while realizing how long they had gotten since his last trim.

draping towel all over his body he tried his best to get dry before he had to undergo the long process of getting in his spandex suit.
richie wondered if eddie would be able to tell that he spelt like lavender after using aunt mays body wash.

either way, richie thought he smelt fucking fantastic.

his curls stopped dripping drops of water down his back, richie figures they were dry enough to get dressed yet he didn't wanna get off his bed, the towel was much to comfy. to his dismay, it was 7:40.

"shit!" he almost screamed loud enough for aunt may to run up and check on him- but she was fast asleep after a long day.

in efforts to dry his hair faster he shook his head around crazy- like a dog of some sort. water flung everywhere but richie didn't care. he went to his drawer to find the underwear he wore under the suit for- obvious reasons. he grinned the suit from his hiding place.

richie sprinkled baby powder inside the suit.

all the emotions he had felt the previous night returned as his arms and legs slipped through the suit.

he remembered the first time he got the suit, a surprise in the mail from an unknown sender. it was originally red and blue but a little spray paint could fix that.

the excitement of slipping the black suit on, the overbearing joy he had when he first figured out how to make web shooters, the feeling of freedom swinging from building to building.. and the fear of almost missing eddie kaspbraks fall.

richie tamed his curls, pulling down the mask and looking at himself in the mirror. he smiled although you wouldn't be able to tell. but richie was happy

***
the more richie swang the more used to it he got. he was kinda a natural at it.

although he was masked, richies nerves grew.

'what if he asks me to take off my mask and realizes i'm the weird boy from the store?' he thought
'or what if he doesn't ask me to take off my mask because he knows who i am and knows i'm ugly and just wants to play a prank on me'
richie shook his head and kept swinging.
'way to overthink there, me.'

the buildings turned into houses as he got closer to where eddie lived. he worried about eddies mother being awake, or worse being woken up.

richie landed on the lawn where the side roof was. looking down at the ground he noticed tiny pebbles.
'is that as romantic as it is in the
movies?' he thought while picking up a pebble to examine it.

'no, it might scratch his window.'
he picked up another one, a bigger one

'or break it.'

richie scratched to pebble idea and decided it would be great just to knock on the window. the light was still on meaning eddie was just a few feet away from him right now. he didn't know what he was feeling, fear.. nerves? ferves? that's not even a word.

he lifted up his arm as one hand grabbed the windowsill while his feet stuck to the roof to prevent him falling.

tap tap

he heard movement from inside

taptaptaptaptap

richie giggles, surely he pissed him off.

"shhh" eddie shushed when he opened the window "don't tap so loud"
eddie was wearing a oversized grey shirt with green shorts and socks.

"aww i'm sorry my eddie spagetti." richie 'apologized' while laughing in his monotone laugh.

"don't call me that! but it's- it's fine." eddie crossed his arms stepping away from the window.
"i was starting to think you wouldn't come." he confesses.

richie looks at the clock eddie has in his room above his bed, it's 8:13.

"i'm sorry for being late eds" richie rests his head in his hand

"don't ca-"

"i was really excited to come too. but i understand if you don't want me to stay.." he looks toward eddie, hand still promptly holding his head up.

"nonono i do, i wouldn't have incited you otherwise." he kneels down by the window "you know you can come in if you want.."

richie head perked up, eddie realized and smiled.

eddie stuck out his hand as in invitation for spiderman to take it, and he did. eddie pulled him through the window and spiderman rolled into his carpeted floor.

his room smelt like pumpkins, and he was living for it.
he took a stroll around the room, examining the bookcase that doubled with a mirror/vanity, with books like 'More happy than not' by Adam Silvera, 'Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda' by Becky Albertalli, and 'Tell me again how a crush should feel' by Sara Farizan, or that eddie had a few lipglosses from pink that matched with baby blue nail polish spread out across the space.

his queen sized bed was directly across from it, the sheets were pastel galaxy. eddie sat down on it, watching spiderman as he examined his room.

"i like your room" he confessed as he spun around facing eddie and sat crisscrossed on his carpet.

"thank you, spiderman. designed it myself." eddie smiled, and combed his hand through his messy hair.

AN
'More happy than not' by Adam Silvera
'Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda' by Becky Albertalli
and
'Tell me again how a crush should be feel' by Sara Farizan are amazing
lgbt/diverse rep books. i really recomend you read them!! anyway, i can't thank you enough for this far into the book, it means a lot. i love you ❤️💛💚🧡